We would like to send a BIG thank you to Namasté Solar for their generous support of our program. Look for our red Prius at Table Mesa and Broadway, now happily sporting the Namasté logo!
Namasté Solar, a Sunpower Elite Dealer, is proud to sponsor the eGo CarShare program in our community. Namasté Solar offers solar PV solutions for residential and commercial customers. Flexible financing options are available, including no money down and 12 months no payments, no interest.
Namasté Solar’s unique, values-based business model includes employee ownership, democratic decision-making, community collaboration, open communication, an innovative solar grant program, zero-waste initiatives, and holistic profit measurement. The company maintains high ethical standards among employees, customers, and the community. Committed to positive social change, Namasté Solar prioritizes “doing the right thing” above all else for all stakeholders. To set up a free consultation, contact (303) 447-0300 or Namastesolar.com.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if your business or employer is interested in becoming our next featured sponsor! We still have a few matching opportunites left for our current CMAQ grant.
eGo CarShare would like to thank Downtown Boulder Incorporated (DBI) for their generous support of our program. We currently have a federal grant which is allowing us to create “Shared Mobility Hubs” by placing additional carshare locations in close proximity to B-cycle stations. This grant requires us to raise $5K in matching funds for every new car we add to our fleet. DBI’s contribution will allow us to help meet the growing demand for our program!
In exchange for their generous support, all DBI members are eligible for a free eGo business membership. You can see DBI’s branding as it rolls around town on our newly loanated Subaru Outback in the Wells Fargo lot (V#104)!
About: Downtown Boulder, Incorporated (DBI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the continued preservation and enhancement of Downtown Boulder as the heart of the greater Boulder community. DBI works to maintain downtown as the center of commerce, government, culture, and leisure. DBI members support the overall vitality of downtown through public advocacy, political involvement, and community events that enhance the Boulder experience for residents and visitors. Membership in DBI is voluntary, and open to any interested person or organization. Learn more about DBI and/or become a member at, www.boulderdowntown.com.
Thanks to a new partnership with First Divine Science Church of Denver, we have a new parking space just north of Cheesman Park! This location is a great “buddy” car to our Capitol Hill and City Park locations, for members who have had to hike a little farther to get to a vehicle. You will find V #221 in the parking lot just north of the church (14th St.) on High Street, in the signed parking space right next to the sidewalk.
We are excited to give this new location a try. Please let us know what you think of it on Facebook or twitter!
Hooray, the Cavalry (or at least that’s what we’re calling our new Ford F150) has arrived! The green truck at McGuckin’s has faithfully done duty hauling loads of mulch and garden supplies and helping lots of people move throughout the past four years. But our Green Machine is ready for retirement. The new F150 has a deeper 6.6 ft bed and plenty of engine to meet your hauling needs. So if you or your friends need to move this season, ride your handy red bike over to the B-cycle station at The Village shopping center and make quick work of your move. With seating capacity for 5, you can bring lots of helpers with you!
Focus on the Paramita Campus
Last month we bought a Chevy Sonic, this month we bought a Ford Focus. Our new Ford Focus is going to live at lot #106 – the Naropa Paramita Campus. You won’t be able to miss the new hatchback driving around town, the color is “race red.” Just don’t take it to the drag track!
We can’t quite decide which new vehicle we like better. Do you have a preference? If so, let us know by taking our vehicle survey, shooting us an email at email@example.com, or posting to ourFacebook.
Fraiser Meadows – Foothills & Baseline
We have an exciting new partnership and parking location at Frasier Meadows
near Foothills and Baseline in Boulder. We are delighted to bring shared mobility to the residents of Frasier Meadows and the surrounding neighborhood. When we heard about the tremendous flooding Frasier Meadows endured in September, we wanted to help out as best we could. So we moved a car to their campus to help meet the mobility needs of residents who had lost their vehicles in the flood. For the month of November, the hourly and daily rates for this new location will be discounted
. In January we will evaluate if the location is viable. You can find the car listed as Vehicle #128
in our reservation system. If you live nearby, please try out the location. The more reservations there are, the more likely we are to keep a vehicle there long-term!
This is one of those safety precautions that takes next to zero effort to carry out, but that almost no one knows about. Blind spots can actually be put into full view of your side mirrors, provided that these mirrors are adjusted to contain no part of your own car. Just angle them away from you until the point where your car is no longer visible in either one. That way there’s no overlap between the side mirrors and the rearview mirror, and any car passing you on either side will remain in at least one of your mirrors until it enters your field of vision. Astounding!
For more ingenious driving tips and tricks click here
On Sunday, October 20th, we will be competing with 5 other non-profit organizations from around the country for a chance to win a Toyota Sienna Mobility Van through the Toyota 100 Cars for Good program. The top 2 organizations with the most votes by the end of the day (10pm MST) will WIN the vehicle of their choice!
If eGo wins, an unlimited number of individuals in our community with mobility challenges will have extremely affordable access to personal transportation options that many of us take for granted in our daily lives. As an added bonus, the versatility of this van would also benefit countless nonprofits in our area.
Please vote on Sunday, October 20th (and set a reminder today) at www.100carsforgood.com, and get at least 5 friends to vote as well!
Please share this on Facebook and Twitter and your other social networks.
Sample Posts and Tweets
Post between Now and Oct 19th
- Please post to your Facebook page leading up to October 20th as well as on October 20th.
- Use the photo the right. Photos increase the possibility a post will be seen.
- Please see the below Sample Facebook posts for both pre and day of voting.
Post on Oct 20th
- Help eGo CarShare WIN a new Toyota MOBILITY VAN! eGoCarShare is a FINALIST in Toyota's 100 Cars for Good! Sunday, October 20th, they need your vote and your help getting out the vote to your FB friends. 2 orgs per day will win the vehicle of their choice! Set a reminder to vote today for eGo CarShare at www.100carsforgood.com.
- Toyota 100 Cars for Good is back! eGo CarShare is a FINALIST this year, which means they could WIN a Toyota Sienna MOBILITY VAN to help mobility challenged members of our community. Their voting day is Sunday, October 20th. Mark your calendars and help spread the word. Set a reminder at www.100carsforgood.com to vote for eGo CarShare.
October 20th is a Sunday, please consider scheduling a post in advance for early Sunday morning.
- Help eGo CarShare WIN a new Toyota MOBILITY VAN. VOTNG is TODAY only at www.100carsforgood.com! Please vote NOW and spread the word far and wide. Together we can provide more mobility options to people with mobility challenges.
- Help eGo CarShare WIN a new Toyota Mobility Van TODAY! eGo is Denver-Boulder’s local, nonprofit carshare organization serving our community since 2001. Please vote NOW and spread the word fare and wide. Together we can provide more mobility options to people with mobility options. www.100carsforgood.com.
- Vote TODAY for eGo CarShare your local, nonprofit carshare provider serving our Denver-Boulder communities since 2001. eGo needs your vote (and your neighbors and co-workers, etc) to win a Mobility Van through Toyota’s www.100carsforgood.com program. All voting happens today (10/20) and the top two nonprofits win the vehicle of their choice. Please vote and spread the word!
Tweets for between now and Oct 19th
- Please shorten the link if needed www.100carsforgood.com.
- Please use the hash tag, #100cars – this will help increase our reach nationally.
- See the suggested Twitter posts below.
Tweets for Sunday, October 20th
- VOTE for eGo CarShare at www.100carsforgood.com to win a mobility van in Toyota #100Cars program on Oct 20th! Set a reminder today.
- Set a reminder to vote for eGo CarShare in Toyota #100cars program! www.100carsforgood.com. Help us win a Toyota Mobility Van.
October 20th is a Sunday, please consider scheduling a tweet in advance for early Sunday morning and again for later in the day.
- Vote TODAY for eGo CarShare in Toyota #100cars program! www.100carsforgood.com. Help the community win a Mobility Van.
- Help eGo CarShare WIN a Toyota Mobility van in Toyota’s #100cars program. Vote Now! www.100carsforgood.com
- Cast your Toyota #100Cars vote today for eGo CarShare at www.100carsforgood.com! Help the community win a Mobility Van.
At the end of July, Denver Public Works added 30+ new parking spaces to downtown by finding space at the ends of streets, shifting metered parking, and coming up with other creative ways to accommodate, dedicated, on-street parking spaces for carshare vehicles. Operators were given the opportunity to request these spaces and pay a yearly permit fee to offset lost meter revenue, making the program revenue-neutral for the City. Outside of the downtown area, operators can request parking locations on a sliding permit scale depending on location and whether the space is metered, such as eGo’s newly dedicated space on 32nd (left).
Thanks to all these changes, you will be seeing a lot more carsharing happening in the Mile High City!
Read the Public Works Press Release
CBS 4 local coverage
Ever wonder how carshare members use our service? This amazing video filmed and edited by George Ferris of George Ferris Photography gives you a quick glimpse into a day in the life of an eGo CarShare reservation. From getting to the car via RTD light rail to picking up friends and equipment (with the help of the in-car eGo CarShare re-usable bags) and on to the photo shoot at snowy Red Rocks. This video gives you a look at how a professional can reduce their costs by utilizing carshare instead of owning their own vehicle!
eGo CarShare & George Ferris Photography
We knew we liked the new Prius Cs we have been adding to our fleet. – 4 in total so far, but we like them even more now that they have even earned the top spot as the “Greenest Vehicles of 2013″! And even though the Prius C takes top billing, much of our fleet is comprised of vehicles on this list like the Honda Fit, Toyota Prius, Honda Civic Hybrid, and Honda Insight.
Our members are making great transportation choices by living car-light and eGo is making an investment to keep our fleet as fuel-efficient as possible. A huge win for our environment and communities.
Learn more about the how the Prius C ranks and other green cars in the market at greencars.org.
Today there are about 2.3 million people sharing cars around the globe. With over 7 Billion people on the planet, 3.2 million doesn’t sound like much. But that number will grow to12 million people by 2020 according to some researchers. 12 million people that have changed the way they get around on a daily basis. 12 million people t hat are saving money each month by not owning a personal vehicle. 12 million people who are driving more efficient vehicles then before. The 3.2 millino today and 12 million future carshare members are making decisions that impact all members of the community through air quality, traffic congestion, safety and health.
Smart Planet article