Foreign Driving Records

If you have had a driver’s license from outside of the United States in the past two years, you need to contact the agency that issued this license to obtain an official copy of your driving record for our review.  Every country has a different procedure for obtaining these records, and records come in many different formats. We can accept records via mail, fax, or email. Make sure the document includes the following information:

  • Your full name
  • Your date of birth
  • The issue and expiration date of your license
  • All traffic violations and/or traffic accident details

Please request your driving record in English. We may be able to accept records that are not in English provided that they are furnished with a translation.

Below is a list of countries and how to obtain your record. The information below may not be applicable to every region of your country. If your country is not listed below, try contacting the agency that issued your license, the police department or court. If you find a way to obtain your record from a country not listed below, please let us know and we’ll add the information to our list. 

A copy of your driving record is available from any RTA Motor Registry. They provide up-to-date information including your demerit point count.

For your record details and driving history, contact the Austrian Police Department:

Helmut Apfalter (ADir)
Sicherheits- u. Verkehrspolizeiliche Abteilung
Bundespolizeidirektion Wien
Josef-Holaubek Platz 1
1090 Wien
Telephone: +43 1 31 310 87100

You can obtain information about your traffic penalty points from the Ministry of Internal Affairs.

Your record can be retrieved from the Bangladesh Road Transportation Authority.

Visit the Federal Government Service to retrieve a copy of your criminal record which will contain your driving record history.

Each state’s local DETRAN can provide a driving record by clicking on Consultas, then Habilitação and Pontuação do Condutor:

There does not seem to be an online request form under “services” but you may be able to obtain help from the RTA at

Please use the to request an “Hoja de Vida del Conductor.”

Records vary widely by region, and while some areas of China do not provide a driving record, others have easy online records.

  • Hong Kong: You can get your record from the Hong Kong Police Department in the Criminal Traffic Prosecution Division.
  • Beijing: Records may be available online.
  • Nanjing: Contact the Traffic Management Bureau, Taichung Transportation Bureau: Address: No.101, Minquan Rd., West Dist., Taichung City 40301, Taiwan (R.O.C.) Zip code 40301 Tel: +886-4-22289111
  • Shenyang City Driving Administration: Drivers Administration of Traffic Police Detachment, Shenyang Public Security Bureau Address: Bakeshu, Xinjia Village, Yingda Town, Dongling District, Shenyang Service Telephone: 024-8801 0956

Visit the Ministry of Transport website. Alternatively you can obtain records issued by the Secretariat of Transit and Transportation from the Ministry of Transport.

You can access your driving history via Cosevi Seguridad Vial:

Request your Certificate of Conduct from the Ministry of Justice.

Please request your “Vypis z evidencni karty ridice.” The document may only be requested in person, but you may authorize someone to obtain it on your behalf with written consent. More information can be found on the website of:

You can request your Certificate of Criminal Record online or call +45 4515 6390.

Contact the Ministerio Publico, Procuraduria Fiscal del Distrito Nacional to acquire your “Certificacion.”

You can obtain your driving record from the National Police using:

A recent traffic violations certificate can be obtained via:

The webpage for Viceministerio de Transporte will allow you to access your Record de Licensia de Conducir:

Obtain your record of punishments online and select Liikluskuriteod.

Please contact Trafi for information.

Please provide a statement of the number of points on your license from the Ministry of the Interior. You can obtain this document in-person, by mail, or online. Instructions here.

Contact the Patrol Police to acquire your record.

Please visit Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt for additional information on how to acquire your record online from the Central Register of Traffic Offenders (CTR).

Contact the Ministry of Transfer and Communications  to receive your “Degrees of Sentences.” Go to the Contact section and send an email to [email protected] and copy/cc [email protected] requesting a letter reporting your Penalty Points in the Drivers’ Point System.

Contact the Ministry of Education for a Police Clearance Certificate.

Central Office for Administrative and Electronic Publice Services:

Contact the Police Superintendent from the National Commissioner of Police (Ríkislögreglustjórinn) to acquire a traffic violations and accidents record.

Ministry of Road Transport and Highways:

You can also contact the department that issued your license and request a paper copy of your record.

  • Bangalore: You can check traffic violations or challan online here.
  • Hyderabad: You can check traffic violations or challan online here.
  • Mumbai: You can contact the Transport Department for an “Extract of the Driving License.”
  • Uttar Pradesh: You can obtain your Extract of Driving License from the Uttar Pradesh Department of Transport and check your traffic violations or challan online here.

Contact the Polri Daerah Metro Jaya Dan Sekitarnya Resor Metropolitan Jakarta Timur.


Please visit RSA for more information.

Please send your driving information from the Ministry of Transport and Road Safety, Driver and Vehicle Licensing Department and a statement regarding your criminal record from the Israel Police Traffic Division, Traffic Records Unit. You may also obtain a letter from your insurance company stating your history of claims and accidents.

Office hours: Sunday-Thursday 07.00-20.00/Friday: 07.00-13.00 Tel: 1-700-70-43-70
Voice Mail: 24 hours Tel: 03-5024000
Ministry of Transport website

Need to request record in person from Islamic Republic of Iran Police Force If there is no record of driving offenses, document should state as such.

Your driving record is available online from the Ministero dei Transpori as an estratto conto punti patente on their website.

Please retrieve your Clean Accident and Offense Record Certificate by going to the Japan Safe Driving Center.

Contact the Public Security Directorate Traffic Department. Please visit for information in obtaining your driving record.

We have had applicants obtain a statement from their local police/traffic department via a proxy that they have no accidents on record.

Your driver’s license booklet has a page for endorsements (page 7), which would be added if you committed any violations. Send us an image of your unfolded booklet.

Please obtain a copy of your Certificate of Driver’s License. Visit KoROAD for more information.

Alternatively, you may designate a representative who can visit your local Driver’s License Testing Center for you. Your representative will need:

  • Their own ID
  • Application form for the Certificate of Driver’s License
  • Letter of Authorization (including your name, your representative’s name, the purpose of authorization, and your signature)
  • A copy of your passport
  • A copy of your driver’s license

The Ministry of Interior allows you to conduct a Vehicle Traffic Violations Inquiry here:

Contact the Ministry of Transport, Road Traffic Safety Directorate (CSDD). They will issue a document regarding any information about you that may exist in the register of drivers.
Phone: +371 7025750
Fax: +371 7828301
Email: office 
Address: 25 Miera St
Riga, LV-1001

Contact the Chief Police Commissariat, Traffic Supervision Division for a “Notification on Traffic Events.”
Phone: (8-46) 354442
Fax: (8-46) 354461

Contact your City Court official for a Certificate.

You can acquire your online driving abstract from the Road Transport Department. Your record will state if you have any “Kejara” points on your record.

You can find information from the following websites:

Records vary by region. Try the Central Office of the Government of the Federal District, Secretariat of Transportation and Roads – Public Transportation Registry Directorate at the Driving License and Permit Inquiry Desk, or try your local Public Safety Ministry Department of Transit. For Yucatan, try the Depto. De Registro De Control Vehicular.

Contact the General Police Commissariat of Mun. Chisinau, Road Police Station:
Phone: 27 25 01
Address: Tiraspolului, 11, str City Chisinau, Republic of Moldova

Contact the National Police Agency for information regarding violations or accidents.

Contact the Department of Transport Management:

Contact the RDW for a copy of your driving history. Request the form called “Aanvraag Echtheidsverklaring Nederlands Rijbewjs.”

You can obtain your driving record by applying for a Traffic Conviction History from the NZ Transport Agency.

You can acquire a “Certificado de Registro de Licencia de Conducir” from the Policia Nacional.

Please contact the Federal Road Safety Commission, who can be reached at 01-7933148.

Please visit Statens Vegvesen or Politet for information about retrieving your records.

Your driving record may appear on your physical license. If so, and if you have no violations, please fax us a copy of your license. If your license does not contain your driving history, please contact your local traffic police office in Pakistan to obtain a letter that makes reference to your driving record.

You can acquire your “Account Statement to Date” from the Road Transit and Transport Authority.

You can obtain your Certificate of Criminal/Judicial history online from the Corte Suprema de Justicia.

To obtain a copy of your “Holder’s Certificate”, please contact the Ministry of Transportation and Communications.  This document will detail information about your license as well as mention any sanctions or lack thereof on your record.

To obtain your “Certification” which will include details about your license as well as list any traffic violations/apprehensions on file, please contact the Department of Transportation and Communications Land Transport Office (in Quezon City). Procedure can be found on their license FAQ page.

For a Clearance Certificate, which contains information on any entries found for you in the Police Record of Traffic Violating Drivers, contact your local police headquarters. Instructions can be found on site here.

To obtain a copy of your driving record, please contact:

National Authority for Road Safety
[email protected]
Tel: 21 312 21 00.

Forms at

You can acquire a Certificate Driver’s Record from the Driver Services Directorate of the Department of Transportation and Public Works.

E-Services portal for Traffic Services (Driver’s License Inquiry):

Contact the Ministry of Administration and Home Affairs, Drivers Licenses and Vehicles Matriculation Board which will certify that you have not deviated from the Road Code.

Your local driving authority can issue you information about your license.

  • Moscow: Please contact the Motor Licensing and Inspection Department.
  • St. Petersburg: Please contact the Department of State Inspection for Safety Traffic – Affairs of Saint Petersburg and Leningradskaya Region.

Visit the Ministry of Interior website at and click on e-services, then click on Traffic and Query Traffic Violations and enter your ID number. This will bring up a list of any unpaid violations you may have had. Using Internet Explorer as a browser seems to work best for obtaining the online form.

You can acquire your “Enhanced Disclosure” from Disclosure Scotland listing any “Convictions.”

Retrieve your driving record electronically through the Singapore government website. Please make sure you retrieve all pages, including the page that shows the validity dates of your license, as well as a statement about any demerit points.

Contact the Ministry of Interior for your “Registration File.”

To obtain a copy of your record, contact the Ministry of Justice – Sector for Execution of Penal Sanctions, Division of Penal and Reeducation Record.

For a statement of any restrictions or endorsements on your record, contact the National Traffic Information System (NaTIS) or your Local Municipality. We would need the document called South African Police Service Clearance Certificate.

Contact information: SAPS Criminal Record Centre, Private Bag x 308, Pretona 0001 Tel No: +27 12 393 3928 Fax No: +27 12 393 3909

You can acquire your driving record online from the Direccion General de Trafico.

Can obtain document from “Transport Styrelsen” called “Certificate of Swedish Driving license”

You can find more information about driver and vehicles from this website, or by calling +41 (22) 388 30 30.

Visit to obtain your “Verification Certificate of Driver’s License” which should include your Traffic Accident Records

Each city has its own association. Therefore, you can visit your own city’s website for more information on how to acquire your “Information of Driving License.” Please visit the Traffic Services Department for more information.

For information about your driver’s license, and to obtain a copy of your “Driving Violations Record” (issued by the Department of Documentation), please contact the Interregional Registration Department.

Use the Roads and Transport Authority portal to get an RTA eCertificate online

To get your driving record, Please visit You can click on the “Save or print this license” link at the top of the result screen to save the result as a PDF.

To obtain your Driver’s Record, please contact the Office of Transit and Transport – Service for the Control of Drivers.

It’s unclear whether they keep driving records, but here are the relevant offices for Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City:

Hanoi Department of Transportation and Public Works

  • Department of Transportation (Traffic) and Public Works
    At: 16 Cao Ba Quat Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
    Tel: (04) 39422715
  • At: 2 Phung Hung, Ha Dong District, Hanoi
    Tel: (04) 433824404

Ho Chi Minh City Office of Transportation

  • Office of Transportation
    At: 63 Ly Tu Trong Street in District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
    Tel: (08) 38223760

Please obtain a copy of your driving record from the Virgin Islands Police Department

Traffic Record Check Form: