New Member Quick Guide
Welcome to the Colorado CarShare Family!
Become a Member
Complete the online application here. You must have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience to apply.
It takes approximately 3-5 business days to approve membership, including processing your motor vehicle record. Your driving record must be relatively good to be approved.
Once your application is approved, your key fob will be sent in the mail in 1-2 business days. Please be patient with the Post Office and do not reserve a vehicle until you receive your fob. Watch this video to see how easy it is to use!
1. Reserve a Vehicle
- Online at reservations.carshare.org (This site is accessible via both desktop and mobile devices.)
- Once on this web page, be sure to add the app-like icon to your smart phone’s home screen.
- Vehicle bookings can be made immediately, or up to a year in advance.
2. When You Get to the Car
- Use your key fob to unlock the door.
- Hold the fob against the fob read on the driver’s side windshield.
- Every time you enter or exit the car, use your key fob (NOT the interior door locks) to unlock and lock the doors. Failure to fob out at the end of your booking will result in a $25 fine.
- For vehicles with a push button start, depress the brake pedal when you push the start button. All other vehicles have the ignition key tethered to the steering column.
- Call us immediately at 303.720.1185×3 if you are running late and are unable to extend your booking (during business hours only). If you fail to notify us, you will be charged a Late Fee of $1 per minute.
4. At the End of Your Trip
- Return the car to its designated parking space. If the space is occupied, call us.
- Use your key fob to lock the doors and end your reservation.