Boulder County and Colorado CarShare Partner to Boost Transportation Options for Community of Affordable Homes in Louisville
Boulder County, Colo. – Boulder County Mobility for All, Boulder County Housing and Human Services (BCDHHS), and Colorado CarShare are thrilled to announce the launch of a pilot car share program into Louisville.
Located at Kestrel, a community of affordable homes in Louisville located just northwest of Highway 42 and South Boulder Road, the pilot program will support an inclusive, multi-generational community development to help meet the region’s growing demand for accessible and connected transit serving neighborhoods of affordable homes. The new carshare service will complement existing transit at the Kestrel community in Louisville, which includes 71 permanently-affordable homes for adults 55-and-over and 129 multi-family homes.
“This is a first in Louisville and a great opportunity to make it easier than ever to save money on transportation expenses,” said Angel Bond, Mobility for All Program Manager. “We are really excited to add carsharing to the suite of transportation options that help Kestrel residents meet all of their transportation needs without having to own their own car. Residents have access to RTD FlexRide, 228 & DASH Routes with a free RTD EcoPass; Boulder County offers a new on-demand, Ride Free Lafayette service that can take residents to Lafayette; Via Mobility Services and RTD Access-a-Ride provide paratransit services for older adults and individuals with disabilities; pedestrians and bikes can travel by trail to Waneka and Harpers Lakes; so this provides a natural complement.”
The pilot car share program, which is currently funded through 2021 by Boulder County, is expected to continue into next year, with the hope that funding can be secured to provide a shared electric vehicle (EV) with a charging station that may be available for both the Colorado CarShare EV and local residents. The initiative will include free carshare credits and deeply discounted membership and rates to Kestrel residents. This initiative is complemented by a similar carshare program in downtown Longmont that is also supported by Boulder County.
“It has long been a fundamental tenet of Colorado CarShare to serve our community in mixed-income areas, and we are excited to take this step forward in sustainability with Boulder County,” said Colorado CarShare’s CEO and Executive Director, Peter Krahenbuhl. “We expect this initiative to act as a catalyst for additional car share vehicles and hopefully shared EV charging stations in the community,” Krahenbuhl continued.
The Kestrel carshare launch event in Louisville was held on Feb. 7, and included children of Kestrel families, who were able to hand stamp the parking space in bright paint colors.
“Carsharing is such a needed service for neighborhoods all over Boulder County, and especially for communities such as Kestrel, where older adults and busy working families live,” said BCDHHS Property Manager Haley Jory, who is helping organize the launch event. “We are proud to partner with Colorado CarShare and Boulder County’s Mobility for All Program to help bring more transportation options to our residents.”
Click here to sign-up for Colorado CarShare!
*If you or anyone you know lives in a BCHP or other qualified affordable housing program, please contact [email protected]e.org, as you may qualify for a greatly discounted carshare service!
About Boulder County Housing and Human Services:
The Boulder County Department of Housing and Human Services is a 500-person integrated services delivery organization that is focused on supporting whole families and individuals through a Two-Generation, Social Determinants of Health approach. BCDHHS serves more than 90,000 distinct clients with a wide range of wrap-around services, including food, housing, health coverage, childcare, safety, education and skill building, parenting supports, and much more. Follow Boulder County Housing and Human Services via social media at www.Facebook.com/BCDHHS and visit www.BoulderCountyHHS.org to learn more about BCDHHS’ prevention-based wrap-around community supports and services.
The Community Education & Outreach Intern will help us develop and implement targeted strategic communications and marketing campaigns to maximize the usage of our fleet and improve messaging around other aspects of our mission related to social equity and mobility. This includes supporting campaigns around “multi-modal” mobility (ex. Boulder B-cycle partner campaigns). Responsibilities will include developing communications material; educating and engaging community members, current CO CarShare members, and local partners; supporting social media efforts. Assist with fleet maintenance as needed.
If interested, please review the full position description below and our website. Then, email us at [email protected] with your resume, availability, and a cover letter that speaks to your skills, passions, & reasons why you would be an ideal fit for this opportunity.
Happy Springtime, Car & Truck Share Enthusiasts!
Spring is right around the corner, and that means more time spent outside gardening, hiking, skiing, home improvement projects, and spring cleaning. Colorado CarShare offers affordable truck share for your every need! Want to freshen up your landscaping, but don’t have a way to transport your yard waste? Our awesome 2020 Toyota Tacoma pick-up trucks can fit all of your yard clippings in a spacious truck bed! Want to take your family or friends skiing in the mountains or camping in the desert, but don’t have access to an all-wheel drive vehicle to do so? We can help!
Rent one of our Toyota RAV-4s, Subaru Outbacks, or Volkswagen Tiguans. In addition to all-wheel drive, we got you covered with bike racks and ski racks, 5 seats with folding back seats, and plenty of room in the trunk to fit camping gear! Not to mention, our Rav4 SUVs are hybrids, so you’ll be driving cleaner and greener into the mountains!
Colorado CarShare trucks and AWD vehicles are conveniently located all around the Denver-Boulder metro area. Our Tacoma pick-up trucks are equipped with four-wheel drive, folding rear seats and have a bike tailgate rack/bag option. And right now, they even are fitted with winter tires, perfect for spring skiing trips to the mountains.
Not only are our trucks and all-wheel drive vehicles spacious and durable, they are also super affordable. We cover all gas, insurance, and regular maintenance, so you can buy that extra lift ticket or camping chair!
We are also still offering our incredibly affordable Weekly Rate Plan! Rent a CarShare vehicle for a week and pay a flat rate of $297* or $363* for trucks or AWD vehicles. Gas, insurance, and the first 250 miles are on us! If you are a regular day-plus user, consider joining our Simply Hourly plan, which includes 100 miles for the first full day.
How do I rent trucks or AWDs?
If you’re already a Colorado CarShare member, you can go online now to book your truck or all-wheel drive vehicle for all your springtime transportation needs! To do so, simply add “Vehicle Types” (e.g. “AWD”) or Required Features (e.g. “ski rack”) to your search criteria.
*taxes not included
Happy Birthday to US!
22 years ago (we turned 22 on 8/22/2020 to be exact!), we were founded as Boulder Car Share, a small neighborhood nonprofit sharing a little red car and a big dream: Improving lives in our community by enabling a car-free lifestyle.
A lot has changed in the last 22 years, both in the world of transportation and the world around us. We’ve seen one after another private car sharing agency come and go in the metro area. We’ve also seen a wider adoption of private electric vehicles, and a massive expansion in the world of microbility.
Meanwhile, we here at eGo have steadfastly continued to support our community mission, expanding to dozens of locations in Denver and Boulder. We’ve continued to provide environmentally conscious, socially equitable transportation options in service of the local communities where we live, work, and play.
With reflection on these past 22 years, and many conversations on our future to come, our board felt that our birthday was the perfect time to reaffirm who we are and what we stand for.
- In recognition of our continued love for serving our home state of Colorado
- In commitment to our goal of being the nation’s first 100% electric carsharing nonprofit
- In dedication to building a stronger, more resilient organization and a more sustainable future for Coloradans
Allow us to reintroduce ourselves!
We’re Colorado CarShare. Same mission, with a fresh commitment to our principles and to our shared future. Buckle up—we’re just getting started.
Dear eGo Amigos & Amigas!
As we celebrate the 50th Earth Day, it is hard to believe what an incredibly difficult time we’ve all been through. At eGo CarShare we’ve already had to take over a quarter of our fleet offline, at least for now. But…in a world where millions are now unemployed and business windows are permanently shuttered, we know that life is more important, and…we are still here. Because of you.
The Earth has had a chance to breathe, if briefly, and we’ve experienced new levels of gratitude. So we give thanks for everything that we have — for life, for family, for those we have lost, and for those on the front lines who have sacrificed for the rest of us. We are also thankful for you, our Members, our volunteers, our community, and our rock star staff, who took voluntary time and pay cuts to keep eGo alive during this difficult time. We especially want to thank those of you who believed in us enough to have made an extra donation. You have made a difference.
We’re almost there. Governor Polis has already pointed to the light of a brighter future and of hope for some semblance of normalcy. But we can still use your help, so that we can be there for you and for the most vulnerable members of our community during and beyond this crisis. So if you feel so inclined please help us to help eGo survive, thrive and build a more prosperous, resilient and sustainable Colorado.
And again, from all of us here at eGo CarShare, from our Board, from our staff and from our amazing volunteers, thank you, be safe, be healthy and be well.
Save our Fleet — Sponsor an eGo Car & Get Prepaid Credit!
We’ve lost a quarter of our fleet to the current crisis! If you want to ensure that your neighborhood car stays put, consider sponsoring an eGo vehicle while getting free carshare credit as a win-win!
Just give us a call at 303-720-1185 and mention “Credit 100/500/1000” depending on how much of a bonus you want.
Free Credit for Medical/Healthcare & Volunteers
If you are a medical or health professional, or a volunteer for a nonprofit like Boulder Food Rescue, Denver’s ALittleHelp.org or part of a formal Covid-19 response effort, we want to show you our gratitude and help the helpers with free eGo CarShare usage. Give us a call at 303-720-1185 to redeem.
Not a Volunteer? Please Donate!
If everyone donates just $10-$25, we can continue to offer you low cost access to vehicles when you need them, now and beyond the crisis. Your impact will be doubled as our Board will match every penny donated up to $5,000!
Now Offering Weekly Flat Rates – $238
Includes gas, insurance, & 250 miles ($0.20/mi after) for Standard 2WDs
(additional $10/day or $70/week surcharge for AWD or truck)
Call Now to Reserve – 303-720-1185
It took a global pandemic for the world to finally acknowledge that nature is in fact a critical, “essential” human service, one that we all need now more than ever! So enjoy Spring, Get Outdoors, but #BeCovidSafe and keep your distance!
eGo CarShare’s mission is to empower our community to live a car-free lifestyle and have a positive impact on our health, wealth, and shared environment. We aim to make Colorado a “Cooler”, healthier and more socially equitable place to live.
Member Support and Administration Manager
Full Time – Boulder/Denver, Colorado
March 3, 2020
eGo CarShare is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Member Support & Administration Manager to join our small nonprofit team. This position will primarily work from our office in Boulder, CO and or at our shared office space in Downtown Denver. This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with some flexibility.
This position is the hub of our operations and represents the “face and voice” of our organization to the majority of our 3,000+ members across Boulder County and Denver. As such this is a key position in our organization and requires outstanding customer service skills, as well as a very wide range of operational knowledge and competency, while being able to work mostly independently. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable with, and will enjoy, troubleshooting timely operational issues with members as he/she is with doing more routine duties such as processing applications and responding to a wide array of e-mail inquiries. This is typically a very dynamic job which requires the ability to quickly prioritize and shift focus as needed. Attention to detail, ability to manage Members (customers) and follow-up is essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Member Support – includes providing outstanding support to our members, answering our main phone line, processing new member applications, responding to general e-mail inquiries, troubleshooting operational and reservation issues with members, educating members about our policies and fees, member account maintenance, etc.
- Billing & General Administration – includes daily carshare billing activities, preparing and e-mailing out monthly member statements, answering members’ questions via phone and e-mail, fleet admin support, assisting with member accounts receivable/payable, etc.
Additional duties may include:
- After Hours Member Support – option for on-call shifts in evenings and weekends (additional compensation)
- Fleet Assistance – help with fleet duties as needed – including assisting with filing insurance claims, scheduling maintenance appointments, helping with basic maintenance needs on-site (moving a car to a different parking space, jumping a car, etc.)
- Various Education and Member Outreach tasks
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and needed
- Mission driven alignment regarding sustainability and social equity in the local community
- Minimum of three years of office administration experience, or two years at management level
- Minimum of two years of customer service or operational management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel), Gmail and Google docs; eagerness to learn new software applications
- Enjoy working in a small, dynamic, often fast-paced, office environment with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working independently the majority of the time; very self-directed
- Ability to multi-task, handle and prioritize multiple requests and deadlines in a calm and focused manner; comfortable with task deferment as needed to accommodate changing work demands throughout the day
- Keen attention to detail and follow-through without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; enjoys looking for ways to improve systems and workflow
- Strong aptitude and comfort with troubleshooting general vehicle operational details
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity in interacting with carshare members, co-workers, Board members, and vendors
- Proactive and self-motivated, but also an excellent team player – always willing to help out with any task at hand with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated initiative and reliability
- Good sense of humor
- Incorporates sustainability practices into daily lifestyle
- Experience working at a small nonprofit organization or similar office environment
- Knowledge of carsharing industry and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) practices or other related industry
- Passionate about eGo CarShare’s mission to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership.
- Avid bike or transit commuter, working knowledge of public transit system in both Boulder and Denver; you do NOT need to own a car
- Intermediate+ conversational proficiency in Spanish
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Office: 2 years (Required)
- Clean Driving Record: 3 years (Required)
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting Salary: $33,000-$36,000 depending on experience; additional compensation available for on-call shifts (optional)
- Free eGo CarShare membership and discounted usage fees
- RTD Eco Pass (transit pass)
- Health & wellness add-on 90 probation period
- Paid vacation, sick time, holidays
- Employer matched retirement plan
- $250/year for professional development
- Casual and relaxed work environment
- Meaningful and rewarding work – leave work each day knowing you have made a difference in our community
eGo CarShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or anything else.
The position is open until filled. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. To apply send cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include both the job title and your full name in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
eGo CarShare is a Colorado-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving the Denver-Boulder metro area. Our local, sustainable, and innovative carshare org is committed to serving and improving our community and the environment. Our mission is to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the social, economic and environmental impacts of motor vehicle use. Every car in our fleet replaces 9-13 privately owned vehicles. In 2014, eGo CarShare was recognized by Colorado Biz with the Inaugural Green Colorado Award. Visit our website at carshare.org for more information.
eGo CarShare is very happy to announce Colorado’s first electric vehicle car share in a mixed-income community! The new car is located at Navajo and 10th Street in the Mariposa District of Denver. eGo has been present in the neighborhood since 2013, but we are now proud to take this significant step in sustainable transportation. On June 1st, we launched the vehicle and charging station during the 5th Annual Youth on Record Block Party. The location also includes free EV charging access for the general public.
Read more about this on: Mariposa District EV Carshare
Our very own Fleet Manager (Adam) constantly uses Boulder B Cycle to get across town to check up on our cars and get them to appointments (35+ in Boulder!). This is no small feat, and B Cycle makes it that much easier for Adam. Here is his story:
“As eGo’s fleet manager I am constantly in need of multi-modal transportation to get around Boulder quickly and efficiently. I take on average 3 or 4 B-Cycle trips per day. It took me a few weeks to memorize where all of the stations are and which ones are nearest the cars in our fleet. Without B-Cycle, it would be very inefficient and slow for me to keep up with oil changes, cleanings, logistical swaps, and all the moving parts that go along with keeping the fleet servicing the people of Boulder.
In a pinch, I have tossed B-Cycle bikes in the back of eGo trucks and even once in a Prius, to make appointments on time. It’s awesome how easy it is to get around Boulder without owning a car, relying entirely on bike-sharing, carsharing, and RTD buses. I would love nothing more than to do a marketing photo-shoot for B-Cycle ripping a bike around Valmont Bike Park. Here’s to a greener, smarter, and more multi-modal Boulder! See you on the bike path ;)”
If you are a leader in the greater Denver & Boulder-Metro region who may be interested in helping an amazing nonprofit org grow into the future, we now have open positions on the eGo Carshare Board of Directors. We are at a pivotal time in the organization’s existence as the mobility landscape continues to be more competitively served, and we are looking for leaders to help us meet the opportunities ahead.
Currently, eGo CarShare is looking for leaders with vision and in areas of expertise including:
- Business Leaders in Bank/Finance, Property Owners, Tech & anyone else with mobility interest
- Fund Development, Donor Cultivation & Grant Writing
- Political & Government Leaders
- Communications, Outreach or Media Relations
- App/tech Developers
We are open to qualified and enthusiastic leaders with creative ideas for strategic funding initiatives and ways to leverage community partnering opportunities so that we can implement programs which will allow eGo to continue to evolve, while serving our business, residential, nonprofit and academic communities!