0 of 15 questions completed
Welcome to eGo CarShare!
We’re excited that you have joined our organization!
This online orientation is designed to provide the specifics needed to reserve and use our cars, a brief overview of our rates and billing system, and anything else you may need to know about eGo’s system. You’ll soon be on your way to sharing with us.
Welcome aboard and happy CarSharing!
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 15 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
If you submitted an application, enter your name and email address, then click Submit.
Once we receive this information we will complete your application.
Question 1 of 15
eGo CarShare is a Nonprofit
eGo CarShare is a local nonprofit carsharing organization. Our mission is to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with motor vehicle use.
Nonprofit eGo provides our members with some fantastic benefits:
- Low Costs – eGo has some of the lowest hourly rates in the country, and with the unbundled mileage rate, you are really only paying for what you use.
- Community Focus – We are focused on making our community the best place to call home. One way to do that is by reducing our dependence on personal vehicles, which helps create a more walkable, bikeable, and enjoyable community.
- Amazing Insurance Coverage – We have $1,000,000 in liability coverage – more than double the recommended amount – and a low deductible because we are a nonprofit!
- Environmental Impact – Our members reduce the amount they drive by 52% (according to our member survey) and our fleet boasts an average fuel efficiency of 37 MPG with the national average being 21.6 mpg. Fewer miles are being driven in much more fuel-efficient vehicles, a huge win for our air quality.
- Member – Founding member of the international CarSharing Association and we abide by their Code of Ethics.
Why is eGo CarShare a nonprofit?Correct
Close! The correct answer is #4 – All of the above.
Question 2 of 15
Rate Plans and Usage Fees
We offer two different rate plans:
Free Wheelin’ is the plan to choose if you think you’ll be driving more than 5 hours per month. There is a $12 monthly fee but the hourly rates are much cheaper.
Peace of Mind is the plan to choose if you’re not sure how much you’re going to be driving or if you anticipate driving less than 5 hours per month. There is a $35 annual fee, but no monthly fee.
*Tax not included, Trucks and Minivans have 10¢/mile and 50¢/hour surcharge.
**For full details on our usage fees and rate plans visit our website: carshare.org/rates
- Gas and insurance are always included in our rates.
- You are allowed to change your rate plan up to two times per year by entering a report on our website, emailing email@example.com or calling 303.720.1185. Price plan changes will take effect the 1st day of the following month.
- Night-Owls, between 11pm – 6am you will be charged $1 or $2 per hour. Mileage rates still apply.
If your rate is $4.50/hr and you reserve a car from 5am – 9am, how much will your total TIME cost you?Correct
That’s correct! 5am – 6am is only $1 because of eGo’s night owl rates.Incorrect
Almost. The correct answer is #1 – $14.50. 5am – 6am is only $1 because of eGo’s night owl rate and the remaining 3 hours are $4.50.
Question 3 of 15
Logging In to Your Account
Once you are a member, you will be able to login to our reservation system at carshare.org. In the upper right-hand corner is the “Member Login”. Enter your member number and password. Your member number will be emailed to you after you are approved for membership. The password is what YOU entered on your online application. If you don’t remember your password, click on the arrow to the right of the password box and request to have it emailed to you.
If you have difficulties logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303.720.1185 during business hours (M-F, 9am – 5pm).
Customize Your Location
When you first log in we recommend you verify and customize your user locations. Our system will display all our vehicles based on the proximity to the location you select. If you plan to use the vehicles from home and work, we recommend you create a location profile for each of these locations. Note: your address on file will be the default “home” location.
To create new location profiles:
- Click on New Reservation.
- In the “Check Availability” box in the upper left-hand corner, click on the “Location/Address” pull down menu, choose “Manage Profiles”.
- From there you can add or change your “Saved Locations”.
Browser Notes: Our website and reservation system are best viewed with the most recent version of the major browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer.
Where do you find your password?Correct
Nice try! The Correct answer is #2 – You entered it on our online application.
Question 4 of 15
Reservations for all of our vehicles are first-come, first-serve via our website, mobile website or automated phone system. One of your most important responsibilities as a carshare member is to be conscientious about your reservations. Be accurate about dates, times and vehicle type (we have one manual transmission vehicle).
How to Make a Reservation: Website
- Log in to the website and click “New Reservation”.
- Complete the information in the Check Availability box in the upper left-hand corner. Be sure to specify the location you will be starting from.
- The system will then provide you with the availability of all our vehicles in order based on proximity to your starting location. You can also view available vehicles on a map by clicking the tab in the upper right corner.
- If you would like more details about a particular vehicle or location, click on the vehicle location title in the blue bar.
- Once you have decided which vehicle you would like to reserve, click the Select button.
- Adjust the starting and ending times to what you like, click Reserve It.
- You will then get a Reservation Confirmation. It is very important that you get a confirmation. If you do not, that means your reservation did NOT go through. Go back and try again.
- Pay careful attention to the date and time you are reserving a vehicle.
- Use the Legend to the left of the availability chart to help identify when particular vehicles are available. Note the hourly rate for each vehicle.
- Be sure to review the Amenities for each vehicle – please specifically note vehicle type.
- You can make a reservation up to 4 months in advance or on the fly if a vehicle is available.
- Be sure to give yourself plenty of time for your trip. Late returns will result in penalty fees and possible membership suspension.
What is the most important thing to remember when reserving a specific vehicle?Correct
That’s correct! Nice job.Incorrect
Good try. Correct answer is #5 – Both 3 & 4
Question 5 of 15
Reservation Cancellation Policy
- You will NOT be charged for any cancellations you make more than 12 hours in advance.
- You will not be charged for any reservations you cancel within 30 minutes of making.
- If you cancel your reservation 4 to 12 hours in advance, you will be charged 50% of the reserved time less any time that is “reused” by another member.
- If you cancel your reservation less than 4 hours in advance, you will be charged for 100% of the time of the reservation less any time that is reused by another member.
- As a courtesy to all members, please enter your cancellations as promptly as possible so the vehicle will be available for others.
- If you are returning a car early, quickly cancel out the remainder of your reservation using our mobile site or the automated phone system, 303.720.1185 x 1. If another user reserves your canceled time you will not be charged.
- For weather related cancellations (big snow or ice storm) there are NO penalties for canceling your reservation (or returning early) IF you notify eGo at the time of the cancellation.
- For more information on fees please visit our Fees & Credits page.
You can cancel your reservation with no charge for which of the following reasons?Correct
Almost. The correct answer is #4 – All of the above!
Question 6 of 15
Accessing eGo Vehicles
All of our vehicles are equipped with a key-less entry system. You will receive your own personal key fob shortly after completing this orientation. Carry your key fob with you at all times. You are responsible for ALL use associated with your fob. If you lose your fob, contact us immediately!
Now that you have your fob, how do you use it?
- Press your fob flat against the fob reader (located on the driver’s side of the front windshield) for a few seconds until you see the light flash green and you hear the car unlock.
- The ignition key for our cars is kept on a tether INSIDE the car. Hide the key in its designated pouch or cubby hole whenever you leave the car.
NOTE: Some Priuses do not have physical keys. Simply put your foot on the brake and press the start button. Please see the instructions in the glove box for additional help if you have never used a Prius.
ALWAYS lock the car using your KEY FOB whenever you leave the vehicle. Do NOT use the car’s locking system. A great way to check that you have successfully fobbed out is by pulling the door handle to ensure that the doors are locked.
When do you need to fob out?Correct
Yes! Good job.Incorrect
Ah, shucks. The correct answer is #2 – Any time I exit the car.
Question 7 of 15
Making or Changing a Reservation on the Go
- On your smart phone navigate to reservations.carshare.org/m (we recommend bookmarking this page).
- Log in with your member number and password.
- Your current reservation will appear, and you can modify that or upcoming reservations as necessary.
- To create a new reservation, allow the site to find your location and find the vehicle closest to where you stand, or choose your favorite vehicle from the list.
Making and Changing a Reservation: Phone
- Call eGo’s support number, 303.720.1185 (we recommend programming this into your phone).
- Choose Option 1 to access our automated reservation system.
- Enter your Member Number.
- Enter your PIN. **This is different than your online/mobile password – if you don’t know your PIN, contact us**
- Follow the prompts to make, modify or cancel your reservation.
- Note: There is a $0.35/minute fee for using the automated phone reservation system. Making or changing a reservation online or via the mobile site is free.
True or False: The automated reservation PIN number is the same as your password.Correct
Yes! Great work.Incorrect
FALSE. The automated reservation PIN number is NOT the same as your password. You entered a 4 digit PIN number on your application in addition to your password.
Question 8 of 15
During Your Reservation
Before you drive
- Do a quick walk-around of the vehicle. If you notice any dents, dings or scrapes, record them in the “Dents & Dings” logbook in the glove compartment. If you notice someone else has already reported the same issue you do NOT need to re-enter it. But if it hasn’t been noted by anyone else, be certain to log the damage. If you don’t, you could be held partially or fully responsible.
- If you arrive at a vehicle and it has significant damage or anything that you feel would make the car unsafe (flat tire, missing side mirror, cracked windows, etc.), please call Member Support, 303.720.1185, and follow the prompts.
- Adjust all mirrors.
- Make sure you are familiar with all the controls in that particular vehicle.
After you drive
- Be sure to clean up the car when you are done with your trip.
- Take all personal belongings with you – keep the cars clean for the next member.
- Turn off all lights and close all windows. You will be assessed a fee if the battery dies as a result of lights left on in the vehicle.
- Fob out and double check that the car is locked.
True or False: it is OK to leave the car as dirty and messy as I want, someone else will pick up after me.Correct
You’re correct! Thanks in advance for being a conscientious carshare member and keeping our cars clean and happy.Incorrect
No way! You are responsible for being a good carshare member which means keeping the vehicles clean and trash free. Set a good example and always leave the car as clean or cleaner than when you found it!
Question 9 of 15
All of our members expect the car to be there at the beginning of their reservation. Returning the car late can cause a significant inconvenience to the next member.
To avoid penalty fees, if you are running late:
- Use the web, mobile or phone system to extend your reservation.
- If the car is already booked immediately after you and you can not get the car back on time, notify eGo CarShare immediately by calling 303.720.1185.
- Late fees will be assessed, but will be significantly less if you notify us in advance so we can notify and/or shift the next member.
Be very conscientious about your reservations and be certain about your end time before starting a trip! It will be less expensive for you to add a little time on to a reservation than to be assessed a late fee. Not only will you keep your costs down, but you will also be keeping your carshare karma up.
What should you do if you are running late?Correct
Close! The correct answer is #4 – A, then B, then C. Keep track of your time and reservation and you’ll be a carshare hero.
Question 10 of 15
Refueling – Never Pay for Gas Again!
Members are required to refuel whenever the gas gauge is at or below 1/4 tank (that’s 2 bars of gas in the Priuses). Use the universal gas card found in the glove compartment of each car. When you swipe the card at the pump, you will be prompted to enter the odometer reading and the Driver ID number. Follow the directions on the card to find this number. This is NOT your personal membership number.
If you do NOT refuel when required, you will be charged a $15 – $25 refueling penalty fee. Please keep an eye on the gauge on your way back to your parking space.
- Refuel with 85 octane gas.
- The gas cards in each car work at almost all gas stations.
- If you need to pay with your own money for some reason (this is rare), please take a photo of the receipt and email it to email@example.com. This will speed up your reimbursement. Otherwise, leave the receipt in the glove compartment with the gas card and include your member number.
When do you have to refuel a vehicle before bringing it back?Correct
Yes! Nice job.Incorrect
Not quite. The correct answer is #1 – When the gas tank is at or below 1/4 tank.
Question 11 of 15
Damage Fee Waiver Program
All of our members are fully covered under our insurance policy with a $500 deductible for incidents involving vehicle damage. However, we recognize that $500 can be a large, unexpected expense. We created the Damage Fee Waiver Program to provide peace of mind by reducing your potential out-of-pocket expense.
We offer hourly and yearly options:
- Hourly: $1/hour of reserved time with a maximum of $7/day. Covers one at fault incident per reservation. You can choose this option when making a reservation.
- Yearly: $45/year per driver. Covers one at fault incident per year. You can enroll in this option from your account or application page.
If you decided not to enroll during the application process, you can enroll yourself under the “My Account” section of your personal account. Coverage in the program will start at that time. All drivers are encouraged to enroll. For more information see our website.
True or False: By enrolling in our Damage Fee Waiver Program you will have to pay $500 if you are involved in an accident.Correct
You’re correct! Enrolling in the Damage Fee Waiver Program means your deducible is reduced to $0 if you are involved in an accident.Incorrect
Close. The correct answer is False. Enrolling in the Damage Fee Waiver Program means your deductible is reduced to $0 if you are involved in an accident.
Question 12 of 15
In Case of an Accident
- Make sure everyone is moved to a safe location.
- Call 911 for emergency help if needed.
- Call eGo’s 24/7 member support line to notify us, 303.720.1185.
- If another vehicle or personal property was involved, call the police to get a police report.
- Complete the Accident Report form found in the orange envelope in the glove compartment.
- You will find insurance and registration in the glove compartment as well.
- All our vehicles are fully insured and have a $500 deductible or you can enroll in our Damage Fee Waiver Program (more information to follow).
What is the first thing you should do in case of an accident?Correct
Not quite. The correct answer is #2 – Make sure everyone is moved to a safe location. Keep yourself safe first.
Question 13 of 15
Problems and Feedback
Urgent and Emergency Situations
Our on-call staff is available at 303.720.1185 if you encounter any of the following issues that do not allow you to begin/continue your reservation:
- Car is not in designated space (please double check you have a valid reservation for that time/date/car).
- Car is significantly damaged or disabled prior to your trip (e.g. flat tire).
- Your key fob does not work and/or you cannot start the car (first check you have a valid reservation for that car).
- You are in an accident. Always ensure everyone’s safety and/or call for emergency help if needed before contacting us.
- Any other issues that won’t allow you to start or complete your reservation.
You can enter non-urgent feedback in the “Member Feedback” section of the online reservation system, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave a message on our support line.
Examples of useful feedback are:
- Gas was <1/4 full when I started my trip.
- I couldn’t find an ice scraper in the car.
- The car smelled smoky when I got in.
- The left front tire looked a bit low.
- I love eGo CarShare! Thanks for providing such a great service.
Which of the following is an example of an urgent issue:Correct
Good work! A flat tire is an urgent issue.Incorrect
Nice try. Correct answer is #3 - The car’s back right tire was completely flat when you got there.
Question 14 of 15
How to Avoid Penalty Fees
- Drive Safe: We have great insurance coverage, but in order to keep our rates low, we need to maintain a good driving record. Take time to adjust all mirrors and get familiar with a vehicle before starting your trip.
- Only members are insured to drive. Do NOT let friends (non-members) drive our cars – they won’t be covered by our insurance and you risk getting a minimum $250 fine and suspension or termination of your membership. If they want to drive, they need to join.
- Firearms are not allowed in any of the vehicles.
- Drinking any alcoholic beverages is prohibited in all vehicles. Transporting any open alcohol containers inside our vehicles is also prohibited. Follow all State laws when transporting alcohol.
- No smoking – of any kind – is allowed in any of our vehicles.
- Pets may be transported in pet carriers only. Vehicles must look like NO pet was transported when you return them.
- Carry your valid driver’s license with you during every trip.
- Take a look at our website for more details on all credits and fees at carshare.org/fees.
True or False: My non-member friends can drive eGo vehicles as long as I am in the vehicle with them.Correct
You are right! Members are the ONLY ones that can drive eGo vehicles. If your friends want to drive, they need to sign up!Incorrect
Nope! eGo members are the ONLY ones that can drive eGo vehicles. If your friends want to drive, they need to sign up!
Question 15 of 15
Managing Your Account / Billing
- You are responsible for keeping your account information up-to-date. Please promptly update your phone number, email address, mailing address, and credit card information as needed in the My Account section of your online account.
- If we have to contact you because some of your account information is not up to date, you may be charged a fee.
Pay-as-you-drive Billing (PAYD)
- The day after you complete a trip, your credit card will be charged for the estimated cost of the trip (trips under $5 will not be charged and will be added to your next trip cost).
- Estimated trip costs include hourly rates, estimated mileage (we estimate you will drive 5 miles per hour of your reservation), and tax.
- Around the 5th of each month you will receive an email stating that your previous month’s invoice is ready for viewing online.
- The invoice will show the difference between the actual and estimated trip cost totals, monthly rate plan fee (if applicable), and any fees or credits you received through the month.
- You will have 5 days to review your invoice.
- If you have any questions about your invoice, contact us before the 5 days are up at email@example.com.
- Your credit card on file will be charged the invoice amount 5 days after the invoice was issued.
*Prepaid billing is an option for all members, and may be required depending on your age and payment history. Contact us if you would like more information about our prepaid billing options.
You only had one reservation this month for 3 hours. You drove 50 miles in those 3 hours. How much MORE will you have to pay on your invoice for mileage?Correct
Great math skills! You were charged $4.50 on the estimate for 15 miles, and you are responsible for 35 more miles, or $10.50.Incorrect
Not quite. You were charged $4.50 on the estimate for 15 miles, and you are responsible for 35 more miles, or $10.50.