- HOW IT WORKS
- CARS & LOCATIONS
- RATES & PLANS
- JOIN NOW
- GET INVOLVED
Home › Eligibility
Welcome! We’re excited about your interest in becoming an eGo CarShare member.
Please take a few moments to review our eligibility requirements and membership categories.
- You must have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience, so you must be at least 18 years old.
- If you’re 18 – 21 years old you must have a clean driving record (something your mom would be proud to show off ).
- If you are over 21 you still need to have a very good driving record. A few minor incidents/violations will be accepted, but nothing major like a DUI.
- If you consider yourself a permanent Colorado resident then you must get a Colorado driver’s license within 30 days of establishing permanent residency. (You are responsible for following all applicable State laws)
- If you are a temporary Colorado resident (such as a student or visiting professor) you can apply using your out of state license.
- If you are a temporary Colorado resident and have a foreign driver’s license, you must provide with us a current, official driving history record (in English).
If you meet the above requirements:
a) Review our Membership Handbook and
c) Fill out the appropriate online application
As soon as you submit the online application form we’ll get the ball rolling. If you have a Colorado driver’s license we can generally get your account set-up by the end of the next business day. After you are approved, we will mail your fob to you (in most cases), if you would like to get your key fob quicker, you may pick it up from one of our our offices (let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org, where and when you will pick it up). Please allow a minimum of 2-3 additional business days if you have an out of state driver’s license, and possibly longer for foreign driver's license.
In a RUSH?
We'll put your application at the front of the line! Submit all of your materials, complete the short Online Orientation, and call us to let us know you're in a hurry. The fee for quick processing is $50 (vs. our regular $25 application fee) which means we rush your application through our process, usually completing it on the same business day. (Time may vary if you have a non-Colorado drivers license or are an International Driver)