Keep a Dedicated Weekly Carshare…at Your Home!
Are you committed to the “At-home” order but still need to get out for necessities, appointments or just plain old exercise/nature healing? ‘Want your own dedicated eGo car? Well, we got your back! In response to COVID-19, we are currently offering a deeply discounted weekly “at home” carshare plan.
For a flat rate of $238, you can keep an eGo Car for up to one week all to yourself!* And as with all eGo vehicles, this includes gas and insurance (less the $1k damage deductible unless you are signed up for our damage fee waiver program). AND we are including the first 250 miles free!
*Standard 2WD vehicles; $10/day/$70/week surcharge for AWD vehicles or eGo truck; $0.20/mile after 250 miles
eGo is Here if you Need Us! …for now.
WE WILL NOT BE HERE WHEN THE STAY AT HOME ORDER IS OVER WITHOUT YOUR HELP!
Now more than ever we need your help if we are to survive and continue to be a vital resource to our community during and beyond the current crisis.
Prepaid credit is a win-win! By prepaying* you get free carshare credit with an up-front investment while supporting eGo.
- $100 earns you a 10% bonus ($110 in credit)
- $500 earns you a 15% bonus ($575 in credit)
- $1000 earns you a 25% bonus ($1250 in credit)
Just give us a call at 303-720-1185 and mention “Credit 100/500/1000” depending on how much of a bonus you want.
COVID-19 eGO Safety Response
We continue to work hard to keep you safe, with increased sanitation efforts and additional attention to the high-touch places. We also ask that you please use the provided wet wipes / sanitation before and after your trips. For more information on prevention tips, visit the CDC’s website.
Thank you for supporting your community carshare!
~ eGo CarShare
Help us Continue to Serve You!
Let’s Keep Each Other Safe!
Dear eGo Amigo(a)s,
As you know, your health and safety are always our top priority. As such, at eGo CarShare we are closely monitoring development of COVID-19 and receiving guidance from local, national and global health authorities. There are several ways we can help to ensure the wellness and safety of all eGo Members and staff:
- If you feel any of the common symptoms (including fever, sore throat, cough, or difficulty breathing), please follow the guidelines from the CDC’s website, and DO NOT use an eGo vehicle until you are cleared by health authorities;
- If you have used an eGo vehicle while experiencing symptoms, please contact us immediately at 303-720-1185;
- Wash or sanitize your hands each time before entering the vehicle and do the same again when you exit. Wipe down all high use touch points before and after use with wipes provided. We are taking extra measures to ensure all our vehicles have sanitation wipes (typically in the glove box) and or disinfectant;
- Avoid touching your face completely; if you need to sneeze or cough (hey it’s allergy season!) please do so into your arm/elbow or tissue you will discard, and exit the vehicle first if that’s possible.;
In addition, our staff are being supported through regular communication on appropriate hygiene measures at our workplace and in our vehicles. Our Fleet managers in particular continue to work hard to keep our vehicles clean. Their sanitation efforts have increased at each car they visit, with additional attention to the high-touch places. It’s at times like these that amazing members like you pitching in can really make a difference!
As always, we’re here for you. For more information on symptoms and prevention, head to the CDC’s website. With a little effort and attention, we can keep each other safe. Thanks for doing your part!
~ eGo CarShare Team!
Member Support and Administration Manager
Full Time – Boulder/Denver, Colorado
March 3, 2020
eGo CarShare is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Member Support & Administration Manager to join our small nonprofit team. This position will primarily work from our office in Boulder, CO and or at our shared office space in Downtown Denver. This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with some flexibility.
This position is the hub of our operations and represents the “face and voice” of our organization to the majority of our 3,000+ members across Boulder County and Denver. As such this is a key position in our organization and requires outstanding customer service skills, as well as a very wide range of operational knowledge and competency, while being able to work mostly independently. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable with, and will enjoy, troubleshooting timely operational issues with members as he/she is with doing more routine duties such as processing applications and responding to a wide array of e-mail inquiries. This is typically a very dynamic job which requires the ability to quickly prioritize and shift focus as needed. Attention to detail, ability to manage Members (customers) and follow-up is essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Member Support – includes providing outstanding support to our members, answering our main phone line, processing new member applications, responding to general e-mail inquiries, troubleshooting operational and reservation issues with members, educating members about our policies and fees, member account maintenance, etc.
- Billing & General Administration – includes daily carshare billing activities, preparing and e-mailing out monthly member statements, answering members’ questions via phone and e-mail, fleet admin support, assisting with member accounts receivable/payable, etc.
Additional duties may include:
- After Hours Member Support – option for on-call shifts in evenings and weekends (additional compensation)
- Fleet Assistance – help with fleet duties as needed – including assisting with filing insurance claims, scheduling maintenance appointments, helping with basic maintenance needs on-site (moving a car to a different parking space, jumping a car, etc.)
- Various Education and Member Outreach tasks
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and needed
- Mission driven alignment regarding sustainability and social equity in the local community
- Minimum of three years of office administration experience, or two years at management level
- Minimum of two years of customer service or operational management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel), Gmail and Google docs; eagerness to learn new software applications
- Enjoy working in a small, dynamic, often fast-paced, office environment with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working independently the majority of the time; very self-directed
- Ability to multi-task, handle and prioritize multiple requests and deadlines in a calm and focused manner; comfortable with task deferment as needed to accommodate changing work demands throughout the day
- Keen attention to detail and follow-through without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; enjoys looking for ways to improve systems and workflow
- Strong aptitude and comfort with troubleshooting general vehicle operational details
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity in interacting with carshare members, co-workers, Board members, and vendors
- Proactive and self-motivated, but also an excellent team player – always willing to help out with any task at hand with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated initiative and reliability
- Good sense of humor
- Incorporates sustainability practices into daily lifestyle
- Experience working at a small nonprofit organization or similar office environment
- Knowledge of carsharing industry and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) practices or other related industry
- Passionate about eGo CarShare’s mission to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership.
- Avid bike or transit commuter, working knowledge of public transit system in both Boulder and Denver; you do NOT need to own a car
- Intermediate+ conversational proficiency in Spanish
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Administrative: 2 years (Required)
- Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Office: 2 years (Required)
- Clean Driving Record: 3 years (Required)
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting Salary: $33,000-$36,000 depending on experience; additional compensation available for on-call shifts (optional)
- Free eGo CarShare membership and discounted usage fees
- RTD Eco Pass (transit pass)
- Health & wellness add-on 90 probation period
- Paid vacation, sick time, holidays
- Employer matched retirement plan
- $250/year for professional development
- Casual and relaxed work environment
- Meaningful and rewarding work – leave work each day knowing you have made a difference in our community
eGo CarShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or anything else.
The position is open until filled. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. To apply send cover letter and resume to [email protected] and include both the job title and your full name in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
eGo CarShare is a Colorado-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving the Denver-Boulder metro area. Our local, sustainable, and innovative carshare org is committed to serving and improving our community and the environment. Our mission is to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the social, economic and environmental impacts of motor vehicle use. Every car in our fleet replaces 9-13 privately owned vehicles. In 2014, eGo CarShare was recognized by Colorado Biz with the Inaugural Green Colorado Award. Visit our website at carshare.org for more information.
Is the world’s largest car share company gone from Denver (and other markets)? Yep! As Streetsblog USA and others report, Car2Go is Car2Gone! Unfortunately this may result in more individual car ownership in the Denver Metro region. In fact we’ve heard from frustrated Car2Go Members looking for alternatives, including purchasing a vehicle.
In response, at eGo CarShare we are committing to ramping up our carshare service in Denver. We are also offering Car2Go members free eGo CarShare Membership by simply using the promo code Car2Gone when they sign up. This is a part of our mission to reduce single occupancy vehicle (SOV) ownership and use in Colorado.
We, on the other hand, are a 21 year young, hyper-local Colorado nonprofit dedicated to reducing SOV ownership & use. In doing so we compliment alternative mobility options like bike sharing and public transit. We also support socially-equitable mobility in lower income areas, while electrifying our fleet in order to amplify environmental benefits. We do so by working with the City, foundations, businesses, nonprofits and other mobility partners in order to meet our mission and not have to focus only on the bottom line.
We all know that traffic congestion is an enormous issue in cities all over the country. The nitrogen oxide and carbon dioxide levels in the air increase daily; therefore, our health and the environment are directly impacted.
Thankfully, the world has started to act and today there is the increasing popularity of electric vehicles (EVs), which can be a key action to creating a transition for a sustainable world. According to a recent U.S. News article, by choosing to drive an EV you are helping to reduce harmful air pollution from exhaust emissions and contribute to better air quality.
The market is also jumping on board to support a greener world. Companies like Volvo, Tesla, and Toyota all have electric vehicles and according to The Driven, “By 2030 there will be 21 million electric vehicles on the road globally”. Read more about this on U.S News.