eGo CarShare is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy sets forth how eGo CarShare uses and protects any information that you give us when you use our websites. The submission of any personal information is voluntary and by accessing our websites you agree and freely consent to the information collection and use practices outlined in this policy.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are comfortable with any changes. This policy is effective from June 10, 2012. Last updated July 15, 2017.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as age, zip code, preferences and interests
- CarShare reservation data/usage
- Billing and payment information related to your use of our program and services
- Information about your transportation modes and preferences
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Use of Your Personal Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send informational emails about new services, special offers, or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address which you have provided.
- eGo CarShare does not sell, rent or lease its member/customer lists to third parties.
- We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your personal information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
- We may share aggregate or anonymous membership data with research partners for the purpose of assessing the effectiveness of our program.
- There are times when we may be required by law (such as in the event of an automobile accident) to share your personal/contact information with authorized law enforcement or insurance personnel.
- We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, processing transactions, or performing statistical analysis of our services. We will only provide those companies the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information and are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- eGo CarShare may access and/or disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on eGo CarShare or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of eGo CarShare, including its website; or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of eGo CarShare or the public.
- Personal information collected on this site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which eGo CarShare or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities, and by using this site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. eGo CarShare abides by the safe harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. When we transmit highly confidential information (such as a credit card number) over the Internet, we use a secure payment gateway so your information is protected.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website, however.
Google Analytics & Google AdWords
We may also use third-party web analytics services on our website, such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords. Google uses technologies such as cookies and pixel tracking to help analyze how users use this website. The information generated by the cookie and/or pixel about your use of this Site (such as your IP address, the URL visited, the date and time the page was viewed) will be transmitted and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information to monitor your use of this Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services related to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required by law, or where such third parties process information on Google’s behalf.
Our website employs the following features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics & Google AdWords
- Google Display Network (GDN) Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl+en=GB
We may also use third-party advertising platform services on our website, such as Facebook Ads. Facebook uses technologies such as cookies and pixel tracking to help analyze how users use this website. The information generated by the cookie and/or pixel about your use of this Site (such as your IP address, the URL visited, the date and time the page was viewed) will be transmitted and stored by Facebook on their own servers. Facebook will use this information to monitor your use of this Site, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services related to website activity and internet usage. Facebook may transfer this information to third parties where required by law, or where such third parties process information on Facebook’s behalf.
Facebook provides a variety of privacy policies, as well as additional information, including opt-outs for controlling the sharing and permissions of your personal data. These settings can be controlled by logging into your personal Facebook account, and then visiting the following links:
- Lead Ads – terms of service for ads collecting user information per their consent. https://www.facebook.com/ads/leadgen/tos
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting. We maintain a separate e-newsletter distribution list for our Monthly Member Newsletter and you have the option to unsubscribe from this list at any time. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may apply.