Insurance is included in eGo CarShare’s hourly and daily rates. We have $1,000,000 in liability coverage and a $1,000 deductible for at fault accidents. If you’re interested in further reducing your risk, please look at our Damage Fee Waiver Program which reduces the $1,000 deductible to $0.
eGo's Liability coverage is $1,000,000. This coverage pays for any bodily injury or property damage that is caused by an eGo driver’s negligence. This would pay for injuries to someone in another vehicle or damage to their property – as long as eGo's driver is legally liable for the damages.
Damage to eGo vehicles caused by an accident would be paid for by our Collision coverage (Physical Damage). This coverage is subject to a $1,000 deductible. Collision coverage pays for any collision with our vehicles (including damage while parked) – regardless of who is at fault in the accident. If another party causes the damage to an eGo vehicle, and they are found legally liable for the damage - our insurance carrier would pay for the damage, but attempt to recover the amount paid (plus our deductible) from the party who caused the damage.
Comprehensive Coverage pays for damage to eGo vehicles caused by something other than a collision. (ie: theft, vandalism, hail damage, etc). Collision with an animal is also covered under Comprehensive. This coverage is also subject to a $1,000 deductible.
eGo's policy also has a $5,000 Medical Payments limit. This pays for medical bills incurred by the driver and any passengers in eGo vehicles – regardless of fault. After the $5,000 limit is reached, if the other driver is legally liable, their liability policy pays for the injuries to an eGo driver. If they have no insurance, or it is a hit and run – then eGo's Uninsured Motorist coverage pays for the injuries.
If eGo's driver is legally liable for the accident, after the $5,000 in Medical Payments is exhausted, their personal medical insurance coverage would pay for their medical bills. Other than the $5,000 in Medical Payments, eGo's insurance does not cover injuries to one of eGo drivers if they have no medical insurance and their negligence causes the accident.
* This is only a summary and not the legal language of our coverage.
If you want more detail about your coverage, you can get the complete terms in the policy by contacting us
Damage Fee Waiver Program
All of our members are fully covered under our insurance policy with a $1,000 deductible for incidents involving vehicle damage. However, we recognize that it can be a large, unexpected expense. We created the Damage Fee Waiver Program to provide peace of mind by reducing your potential out-of-pocket expense. By enrolling in our Damage Fee Waiver Program, if an incident occurs, your deductible is reduced to $0 instead of $1,000.
- Annual DFW Enrollment: $45/year per driver. Covers one at-fault incident per year. You can enroll in this option from your account or application page.
Annual Enrollment - Current Members:
Annual Enrollment - New members:
- Click here or log in to our reservation site with your Username or member number and password.
- Click on “My Account” in the main menu bar and choose "Damage Coverage" from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Effective Date that you want, and then click on "Join the damage pool."
- You will automatically be billed the $45 annual enrollment fee.
- During your application process, review the Terms & Conditions listed in the Damage Fee Waiver Program section and specify that you would like to enroll in the program.
No, enrollment is done on a per account basis. Meaning that if you choose to participate in the program, then all the drivers on your account will automatically be enrolled. Keep in mind that the $45 enrollment fee is charged for each driver on your account.
As stated in our Member Handbook,
you must immediately report any accident or damage. If damage occurs to a vehicle but you do not report it, the Damage Fee Waiver Program will not cover the damage. As a result, you will potentially be charged the full deductible ($1,000), the fee for not reporting the damage ($250), any other applicable fines or costs, and your membership could be suspended for not reporting the incident.
- Damage to an eGo CarShare vehicle or another party’s vehicle which is unreported by the driver and/or account holder;
- Damage caused to a vehicle when an eGo CarShare driver fails to stop and properly report an accident (hit and run);
- Members whose account is not up to date or who have an overdue payment;
- Members permitting a non-member to drive an eGo CarShare vehicle;
- Members who falsify or provide misleading information to eGo CarShare staff investigating damage to an eGo CarShare vehicle;
- Personal injury or damage to property;
- Third party liability;
- Dishonest, fraudulent or criminal acts;
- Damage by improper fueling or tampering with engine parts;
- Damage that occurs prior to enrolling in the Program;
- Intentional damage to a vehicle by the member;
- Damage which occurs while driving under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances;
- Any violation of the Member Handbook.
All of our members are covered under our insurance policy
. That’s a benefit that we offer universally, without exception. Our standard policies apply even if you have your own insurance. Which means that if you are in an accident and are not enrolled in our Damage Fee Waiver Program, you will be responsible for the $1,000 deductible. eGo CarShare will not get involved with your personal insurance agency.
Not immediately. The $45 annual enrollment fee covers you for one at-fault incident in a 12 month period. When your renewal date arrives you will be automatically re-enrolled. Until that time, you will be subject to the $1,000 deductible if you have another at-fault accident in the same 12 month period.
Participation in the Damage Fee Waiver Program begins immediately when you enroll in it, lasts for one 12 month period from the date you sign up, and renews automatically until either you opt out or an incident occurs.
The Damage Fee Waiver Program fee is initially charged on your invoice for the month when you joined the Program. Participation will be automatically renewed on the annual anniversary date of enrollment in the Damage Fee Waiver Program unless you specify that you wish to cancel participation.