Damage Fee Waiver
All of our members are fully covered under our insurance policy with a $500 deductible for incidents involving vehicle damage. However, we recognize that it can be a large, unexpected expense. We created the Damage Fee Waiver Program to provide peace of mind by reducing your potential out-of-pocket expense. By enrolling in our Damage Fee Waiver Program, if an incident occurs, your deductible is reduced to $0 instead of $500. All drivers are encouraged to enroll.
We offer hourly and yearly options:
- Hourly: $1/hour of reserved time with a maximum of $7/day. Covers one at fault incident per reservation. You can choose this option when making a reservation.
- Yearly: $45/year per driver. Covers one at fault incident per year. You can enroll in this option from your account or application page.
Hourly Option - Current Members:
Yearly Option - Current Members:
- Just click "Yes" on the Damage Fee Waiver button after selecting a vehicle in the reservation screen.
Yearly Option - New members:
- Click here or log in to our reservation site with your member number and password.
- Click on “My Account” in the main menu bar and then the “Details” tab.
- Read the Program Overview section, then click the “Next” button.
- In the next window, select which fee option you want from the drop-down menu. Review the Terms and Conditions and click the “I Agree” button.
- During your application process, review the Terms & Conditions listed in the Damage Fee Waiver Program section and click the “I Agree” button.
Hourly Option: The driver must enroll for each reservation for which he/she wishes to participate in the Damage Fee Waiver Program.
Yearly Option: Only the Account Authority can enroll, and $45 is charged for each driver on the account. The Damage Fee Waiver Program requires each driver on the account to participate.
As stated in our Member Handbook,
you must immediately report any accident or damage. If damage occurs to a vehicle but you do not report it, the Damage Fee Waiver Program will not cover the damage. As a result, you will potentially be charged the full deductible ($500), the fee for not reporting the damage ($50), any other applicable fines or costs, and your membership could be suspended for not reporting the incident.
- Damage to an eGo CarShare vehicle or another party’s vehicle which is unreported by the driver and/or account holder;
- Damage caused to a vehicle when an eGo CarShare driver fails to stop and properly report an accident (hit and run);
- Members whose account is not up to date or who have an overdue payment;
- Members permitting a non-member to drive an eGo CarShare vehicle;
- Members who falsify or provide misleading information to eGo CarShare staff investigating damage to an eGo CarShare vehicle;
- Personal injury or damage to property;
- Third party liability;
- Dishonest, fraudulent or criminal acts;
- Damage by improper fueling or tampering with engine parts;
- Damage that occurs prior to enrolling in the Program;
- Intentional damage to a vehicle by the member;
- Damage which occurs while driving under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances;
- Any violation of the Member Handbook.
All of our members are covered under our insurance policy
. That’s a benefit that we offer universally, without exception. Our standard policies apply even if you have your own insurance. Which means that if you are in an accident and are not enrolled in our Damage Fee Waiver Program, you will be responsible for the $500 deductible. eGo CarShare will not get involved with your personal insurance agency.
Hourly Option: Yes. Just choose the Damage Fee Waiver option when making your next reservation.
Yearly Option: Not immediately. When your renewal date arrives you will be automatically renewed. Until that time, you can enroll in the hourly option or you will be subject to the $500 deductible.
For the duration of the reservation for which you have purchased the Damage Fee Waiver.
Participation in the Damage Fee Waiver Program begins immediately when you enroll in it, lasts for one calendar year from the date you sign up, and renews automatically until either you opt out or an incident occurs. Contact us
if you wish to cancel your participation in the Program.
Hourly Option: The Damage Fee Waiver Program is charged with the estimate of your trip.
Yearly Option: The Damage Fee Waiver Program fee is initially charged on your invoice for the month when you joined the Program. Participation will be automatically renewed on the annual anniversary date of enrollment in the Damage Fee Waiver Program unless you notify us in writing or via e-mail that you wish to cancel participation. You will get a notification email that your Program renewal date is approaching. To cancel your participation, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least five days prior to your Program renewal date.