We offer two different rate plans:
$39 Hourly Cap Per Day
+ Per Mile
20¢/mile after 50 miles
Peace of Mind
$49 Hourly Cap Per Day
+ Per Mile
25¢/mile after 50 miles
First Year Free!
* Gas and insurance are included! Taxes are not included.
Trucks and Minivans have a 10¢/mile and 50¢/hour surcharge.
Which Plan is right for you?
- Do you plan on driving more than 5 hours a month or like to take day trips? Then Free Wheelin’ is the plan for you.
- Do you plan on driving less than 5 hours per month and rarely go on day trips? The Peace of Mind plan is for you. The Annual Fee is waived during your first year of membership.
First Year Free for Peace of Mind!
There is no Annual Fee for your first year on the Peace of Mind plan.
There is a one time application fee of $25 for new accounts or to add a driver to an existing account.
Gas and Insurance
Trucks and Minivans
Due to the increased maintenance and gas costs, our trucks and minivans have a 10¢/mile and 50¢/hour surcharge over all of our base rates.
The “hourly cap” is the limit to the per hour charge of an extended reservation and is automatically calculated. For example, a 10 hour reservation on the Free Wheelin’ plan is not $4.50 x 10 hours = $45, it is “capped” at $39. Mileage fees are calculated separately, allowing trips of varying time and distance to all be affordable.
Recent Rate Change
- We changed our rates effective February 1st, 2014.
- The cost of day trips are now more affordable! We unbundled our mileage from our day rates so you only pay for what you use. This makes day trips up to 25% cheaper.
- We relaxed our cancellation policy! See below for more information.
- The sharing part of carsharing is important. For some circumstances we increased our late fees to be on par with industry standards to help encourage our members to return cars on time.
- We have not changed our rates in the past 4 years!
- eGo CarShare is a nonprofit organization that is dedicated to providing carshare to everyone in the Metro area. Because we don't have to answer to outside investors or shareholders, our rates are designed to cover our operational costs, and any additional funds are used to expand our program and/or are applied to our unique low-income carsharing initiatives.
- Unless you let us know otherwise, you will remain on the same rate plan.
- If you want to change your rate plan, use the form at the bottom of this page.
- Existing Peace of Mind members will be charged their Annual Fee on the anniversary date of their membership, starting in March 2014. You will be notified in advance as to what month your Annual Fee will be charged.
- If you would like to cancel your membership, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get the process started.
Cancellation Policy Defined
We all know that plans change and meetings are cancelled. As mentioned above, we have updated our cancellation policy to allow you more flexibility when these things happen.
- No Charge: If you cancel your reservation within 30 minutes of making it.
- No Charge: If you cancel your reservation more than 12 hours before the start time.
- No Charge: For any portion of your cancelled (or shortened) reservation which is re-used by another member.
- 50% Charge: If you cancel your reservation 4-12 hours before the start time and no one re-uses the time.
- Full Reservation Charge: If you cancel your reservation less than 4 hours before the start time and no one re-uses the time.
- For weather related cancellations (big snow or ice storm) – there are no penalties for canceling (or returning early) provided you notify us at the time of the cancellation.
- For more information on our cancellation policies and fees please visit our Fees & Credits page.