Leave your worries and car at home this semester and use one of eGo’s vehicles for shopping runs, late night laundry duty, or an interview! eGo CarShare is a local nonprofit carshare organization that lets you focus your attention on school without the hassles of car ownership like car payments, insurance, maintenance, parking fees, or even gas. As a member you have access to eGo vehicles located on the CU Boulder campus as well as our complete fleet of vehicles throughout Boulder and Denver. There are many locations around campus and near student housing to make grabbing a car quick and easy.
We also have a couple of trucks and a mini-van for your moving (stuff and people) needs and AWD vehicles with ski/bikes racks to safely get you to your mountain adventure.
Carsharing is a more sustainable option of transport that has a well documented positive impact on public transportation, biking, walking, and reducing the number of personally owned vehicles. There are numerous studies by other round trip carsharing organizations, academics, and consultants documenting that every round trip carshare vehicle replaces 9-13 personal vehicles.
Whether you want to drive a hybrid or EV, get away in an all-wheel-drive vehicle or need a pickup truck to move, eGo has an affordable option for you!
CU Campus eGo Locations
- You must have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience, so you must be at least 18 years old.
- If you’re 18 – 21 years old you must have a clean driving record (something your mom would be proud to show off ).
- If you are over 21 you still need to have a very good driving record. A few minor incidents/violations will be accepted, but nothing major like a DUI.
- If you consider yourself a permanent Colorado resident then you must get a Colorado driver’s license within 30 days of establishing permanent residency. (You are responsible for following all applicable State laws)
- If you are a temporary Colorado resident (such as a student or visiting professor) you can apply using your out of state license.
- If you are a temporary Colorado resident and have a foreign driver’s license, you must provide with us a current, official driving history record (in English).
Current CU Departmental Accounts
- CU SOE Practicum Carshare
- University of Colorado – PTS (Parking and Transportation Services)
- CU Law School
- University of Colorado Environmental Center
- University of Colorado – Macky Auditorium
- CU-Integrative Physiology
- School of Education
- CU Teach
- Note: CU Teach students must be at an approved school location in order to qualify for a Dual-Driver or Associate Driver account. All students are welcome to obtain a personal account using the Individual Application.
Updated August 2013
Help Spread the Word!
Tell your friends, classmates, professors, and anyone else who could benefit from eGo CarShare! For each referral who lists your name, you receive $10 in driving credit!
eGo partnered with CU’s Parking and Transportation Services to bring carsharing to the CU-Boulder campus in the Spring of 2009.