Member Support and Billing Manager
Full Time – Boulder, Colorado
September 6, 2016
eGo CarShare is seeking a passionate and highly motivated Member Support and Billing Manager to join our small nonprofit team. This position will primarily work from our office in downtown Boulder, CO with the opportunity to occasionally work at our shared office space in Lodo (Denver). This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
The Member Support and Billing Manager position is the hub of our operations and represents the “face and voice” of our organization to the majority of our 2,000+ members. As such this is a key position in our organization and requires outstanding customer service skills, as well as a very wide range of operational knowledge and competency. The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable with, and will enjoy, troubleshooting timely operational issues with members as he/she is with doing more routine duties such as processing applications and responding to a wide array of e-mail inquiries. This is typically a very dynamic job which requires the ability to quickly prioritize and shift focus as needed. Attention to detail and follow-up is also essential.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Members Support – includes providing outstanding support to our members, answering our main phone line, processing new member applications, responding to general e-mail inquiries, troubleshooting operational and reservation issues with members, educating members about our policies and fees, member account maintenance, etc.
- Billing Manager – includes daily carshare billing activities, preparing and e-mailing out monthly member statements, answering members’ billing questions via phone and e-mail, managing member accounts receivable, assisting with accounts payable
Additional duties may include:
- After Hours Member Support – option for on-call shifts in evenings and weekends
- Fleet Assistance – help with fleet duties as needed – including assisting with filing insurance claims, scheduling maintenance appointments, helping with basic maintenance needs on-site (moving a car to a different parking space, jumping a car, etc.)
- Various Marketing / Outreach tasks
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and needed
- Minimum of three years of office administration experience
- Minimum of two years of customer service or operational management experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel), Gmail and Google docs; eagerness to learn new software applications
- Enjoy working in a small, dynamic, often fast-paced, office environment with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working independently the majority of the time; very self-directed
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple requests and deadlines in a calm and focused manner; comfortable with task deferment as needed to accommodate changing work demands throughout the day
- Keen attention to detail and follow-through without losing sight of the big picture
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; enjoys looking for ways to improve systems and workflow
- Strong aptitude and comfort with troubleshooting general vehicle operational details
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity in interacting with carshare members, co-workers, Board members, and vendors
- Proactive and self-motivated, but also an excellent team player – always willing to help out with any task at hand with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated initiative and reliability
- Good sense of humor
- Incorporates sustainability practices into daily lifestyle
- Experience working at a small nonprofit organization or similar office environment
- Knowledge of carsharing industry and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) practices
- Passionate about eGo CarShare’s mission to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with motor vehicle use.
- Avid bike or transit commuter, working knowledge of public transit system in both Boulder and Denver; you do NOT need to own a car
- Proficiency in Spanish
Necessary Special Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Starting Salary: $27,000-$30,000 depending on experience; additional compensation available for on-call shifts (optional)
- Free eGo CarShare membership and discounted usage fees
- RTD Eco Pass (transit pass)
- $220/month toward health insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, holidays
- Employer matched retirement plan
- $250/year for professional development
eGo CarShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or anything else.
The position is open immediately, until filled. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include both the job title and your full name in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please also briefly answer the questions below in one page or less.
1) What do you know about carsharing, and what impact do you believe it has on the community and environment?
2) Briefly explain what you did at your last 2 jobs and also why you left them.
3) Give us an example of a time you’ve gone the extra mile for both a customer and an employer.
4) When would you be available to start?
ABOUT EGO CARSHARE
eGo CarShare is a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit carsharing organization serving the Denver-Boulder metro area. eGo CarShare is a local, affordable, sustainable, and innovative organization, committed to serving and improving our community. Our mission is to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with motor vehicle use. Every car in our fleet replaces 9-13 privately owned vehicles. In 2014, eGo CarShare was recognized by Colorado Biz with the Inaugural Green Colorado Award. Visit our website at carshare.org for more information about our organization.