Holly is a new eGo Board Member and long-time eGo member (since 2010). She lives in Downtown Denver, were she has been car free since 2010, and is excited to serve on eGo’s Board because she values our vision of reducing the number of cars on the road and finding creative ways to encourage people to minimize or eliminate use of their personal vehicles. Holly is an attorney at Lewis Roca Rothgerber.
eGo CarShare was awarded a Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) grant through Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) for 2014-2015 to create “Multi-modal Toolkits” for residents in various affordable housing neighborhoods in Boulder and Denver. Partial matching funding is being provided by Mile High Connects and The Denver Foundation. eGo will partner with Boulder Housing Partners (BHP), Denver Housing Authority (DHA) and Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver (HFHMD) to provide select households with significantly subsidized monthly transit passes, easy access to carsharing at discounted rates, free or discounted B-cycle memberships and/or access to pool bikes, and education about the multi-modal transportation options available to them. The program began in the spring of 2014 and will run through February 2016.
Find out more about this program and to see if you live in a participating neighborhood here.
We don’t have a day rate, we cap the per hour charge. The “hourly cap” is the limit to the per hour charge of an extended reservation and is calculated automatically. For example, a 10 hour reservation on the Free Wheelin’ plan is not $4.50 x 10 hours = $45, it is “capped” at $39. Mileage fees are calculated separately, allowing trips of varying time and distance to all be affordable.
Unfortunately no. One way carsharing is an interesting model but it’s impacts on walking, biking, and transit use are unproven. We are always looking for new ways to innovate but at the same time we want to stay true to our mission. We will continue to evaluate the possibility as we learn more about the impacts of offering one way carsharing.
The estimated cost is calculated at the time you make your reservation and is charged to your credit or debit card the day after your trip. The estimated cost assumes that you drive 5 miles per hour of reserved time. If you drive more than 5 miles per hour of reserved time your actual cost will be higher than estimated. If you drive fewer miles your actual cost will be lower than estimated. Any discrepancy between your estimated trip cost and actual trip cost is automatically corrected on your monthly invoice.
Time $ = Hourly Rate X number of hours reserved. There is a daily maximum per day for the hourly rate, which applies even if the reservation is not for a full 24 hours.
Distance $ = 5 miles X number of hours reserved X mileage rate.
Sales Tax $ = Sales tax of 8.21% (Boulder) and 11.25% (Denver) is added.
At the end of the month we get the mileage data from the cars and calculate the actual cost of your trips. You will receive a detailed invoice the first week of each month via e-mail which shows your itemized trip details, payments collected throughout the month, and the remaining balance or credit on your account.
If you have a balance due the amount will be automatically billed to your credit or debit card on the specified date (around the 10th of the month). If you have a credit it will be available for your next trip or can be refunded to you by request.
We currently don’t have the technical ability to bill actual trip costs on a daily basis. At the time you complete your trip our billing system does not know the exact number of miles you drove. So the best option we have is to use the average miles driven per hour in the trip estimate calculation.
We eventually hope to have the capability to institute real-time billing. We will inform our members prior to such a change being made.
We offer superior, local 24/7 member support. When you call Member Suppport (303.720.1185), you can be guaranteed that one of our friendly, local staff members will immediately help answer or resolve whatever question or issue you have. We pride ourselves on going the extra mile for our members and making carsharing as easy and convenient for you as possible. Most of our staff members don’t own cars, which means we’re also eGo CarShare members! Chances are we will have firsthand knowledge about most any issue you encounter. Call or e-mail us. We’re here to help.
- You must have at least 2 years of licensed driving experience, so you must be at least 18 years old.
- If you’re 18 – 21 years old you must have a clean driving record (something your mom would be proud to show off ).
- If you are over 21 you still need to have a very good driving record. A few minor incidents/violations will be accepted, but nothing major like a DUI.
- If you consider yourself a permanent Colorado resident then you must get a Colorado driver’s license within 30 days of establishing permanent residency. (You are responsible for following all applicable State laws)
- If you are a temporary Colorado resident (such as a student or visiting professor) you can apply using your out of state license.
- If you are a temporary Colorado resident and have a foreign driver’s license, you must provide with us a current, official driving history record (in English).
If you meet the above requirements:
a) Review our Membership Handbook and
b) Membership Agreement
c) Fill out the appropriate online application
- Please post to your Facebook page leading up to October 20th as well as on October 20th.
- Use the photo the right. Photos increase the possibility a post will be seen.
- Please see the below Sample Facebook posts for both pre and day of voting.
Post between Now and Oct 19th
- Help eGo CarShare WIN a new Toyota MOBILITY VAN! eGoCarShare is a FINALIST in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good! Sunday, October 20th, they need your vote and your help getting out the vote to your FB friends. 2 orgs per day will win the vehicle of their choice! Set a reminder to vote today for eGo CarShare at www.100carsforgood.com.
- Toyota 100 Cars for Good is back! eGo CarShare is a FINALIST this year, which means they could WIN a Toyota Sienna MOBILITY VAN to help mobility challenged members of our community. Their voting day is Sunday, October 20th. Mark your calendars and help spread the word. Set a reminder at www.100carsforgood.com to vote for eGo CarShare.
Post on Oct 20th
October 20th is a Sunday, please consider scheduling a post in advance for early Sunday morning.
- Help eGo CarShare WIN a new Toyota MOBILITY VAN. VOTNG is TODAY only at www.100carsforgood.com! Please vote NOW and spread the word far and wide. Together we can provide more mobility options to people with mobility challenges.
- Help eGo CarShare WIN a new Toyota Mobility Van TODAY! eGo is Denver-Boulder’s local, nonprofit carshare organization serving our community since 2001. Please vote NOW and spread the word fare and wide. Together we can provide more mobility options to people with mobility options. www.100carsforgood.com.
- Vote TODAY for eGo CarShare your local, nonprofit carshare provider serving our Denver-Boulder communities since 2001. eGo needs your vote (and your neighbors and co-workers, etc) to win a Mobility Van through Toyota’s www.100carsforgood.com program. All voting happens today (10/20) and the top two nonprofits win the vehicle of their choice. Please vote and spread the word!