eGo CarShare Fleet Manager
Full Time – Boulder, CO
Posted July 15th, 2014
eGo CarShare is immediately seeking a passionate Fleet Manager to join our small nonprofit team at our Boulder office. The Fleet Manager position will be split between overall fleet management of our growing 52 vehicle fleet with our Denver Fleet Assistant and direct field work for the 33 Boulder vehicles which includes regular inspections, cleaning, and taking vehicles in for maintenance. As time and the candidate’s interest allow, additional operations management roles may be added. The position will also share overnight and weekend on-call member support phone coverage with the rest of the staff, approximately two nights a week. All candidates must be eager and willing to use a bicycle and transit instead of a car as a primary mode of transportation during working hours. A bike is provided.
Office Work – approximately 20 hours/week
- Day to day fleet management: regular maintenance tracking, damage tracking.
- Vendor and partner relations management.
- Insurance claim filing and tracking.
- Coordination with the Denver Fleet Assistant.
- Oversee our peer to peer shared vehicle program.
- Location planning.
- Long term fleet planning: procurement, retiring vehicles, forecasting.
- Working to enhance the financial position and visibility of eGo CarShare.
- Participating in long term planning and operational development of the organization.
- Member support over the phone – including on-call up to two nights a week and once every other weekend.
- Nurturing an environment of fun, creativity, and sharing.
- Other duties and fleet-related responsibilities as needed.
Field Work -approximately 20 hours/week
- Scheduling and shuttling vehicles to and from service appointments.
- Cleaning vehicles as needed: 33 vehicles cleaned 1-2 times per month.
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues with our in-vehicle technology.
- Performing minor repairs, buffing, and/or minor touch-up painting.
- Providing emergency field / roadside assistance to disabled vehicles.
- Regularly assessing vehicles for damage and maintenance needs.
- Experience with or knowledge of basic automotive technology, maintenance, and repair.
- Strong project, organization, and time management skills.
- Partner and relationship management experience with the ability and desire to interact with members, co-workers, board members, and vendors with professional maturity and courtesy.
- Experience making difficult business decisions backed up by data analysis and well thought-out reasoning.
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, often fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent team player – always willing to help out with any task at hand with a positive attitude.
- Ability to respond to time-sensitive vehicle issues, occasionally outside of business hours.
- An aptitude for troubleshooting and efficient problem-solving.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; eagerness to learn new software applications.
- A clean driving record and proficiency in driving manual transmission vehicles.
- Physically capable and comfortable bicycling in urban traffic and transporting a bicycle on various public transportation systems.
- Comfortable lifting 50 pounds and engaging in moderate physical activity (minor vehicle maintenance and cleaning).
- Able to easily and efficiently access eGo CarShare vehicles year round without a car (i.e. walk, bike, bus, etc.).
- Live in or near the City of Boulder.
- Previous experience in fleet management.
- Avid bike-commuter, working knowledge of public transit system; you do NOT need to own a car.
- Incorporates sustainability practices into daily lifestyle.
- Passionate about eGo CarShare’s mission to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with motor vehicle use.
- Desire to grow in the position and take on additional responsibilities as time allows.
- Knowledge of marketing best practices.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- $12/hour, additional compensation for on-call shifts
- Free eGo CarShare membership and discounted usage fees
- Employer-paid RTD Eco Pass bus pass
- $200/month toward health insurance
- Paid vacation, sick time, holidays
- $250/year for professional development
eGo CarShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or anything else.
The position is open immediately, until filled. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include both the job title and your full name in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
ABOUT EGO CARSHARE
eGo CarShare is a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit carsharing organization serving the Denver-Boulder metro area. eGo CarShare is a local, affordable, sustainable, and innovative organization, committed to serving and improving our community. Our mission is to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with motor vehicle use. Every car in our fleet replaces 9-13 privately owned vehicles. In 2014, eGo CarShare was recognized by Colorado Biz with the Inaugural Green Colorado Award. Visit our website at carshare.org for more information about our organization.