Job Title: Executive Director
Reports To: Board of Directors/Board President
Application Deadline: September 26th. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
eGo CarShare is a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit carsharing organization serving communities in the Boulder-Denver metro area. Our mission is to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental, social, and financial impacts associated with motor vehicle use. In 2014, eGo CarShare was recognized by Colorado Biz with the Inaugural Green Colorado Award. Visit our website at carshare.org for more information about our organization.
eGo CarShare is at an exciting and pivotal moment and we are seeking an entrepreneurial leader who will help catapult the organization through its next phase of development and ensure that the organization remains at the forefront of the rapidly evolving shared mobility industry. The candidate selected will need to be an innovative, resourceful, and motivated self-starter with a proven track record of fundraising, organizational development, and strategic project management. The Executive Director will work with the eGo CarShare Board to carry out the organization’s mission and provide strategic leadership and implementation of the vision. The Director will also promote membership growth, ensure financial sustainability, and inspire and motivate a dedicated staff with a shared passion for the ideals of our organization.
Areas of Responsibility
- Board Partnership:Reports to and works closely with the Board of Directors to develop and implement eGo CarShare’s strategic plan, as well as programming initiatives aligned with the mission. Serves as the primary liaison between the Board of Directors and staff, providing timely information, options for action, and ideas and recommendations for catalyzing eGo CarShare into a successful future.
- Team Management: Responsible for staff hiring and training. Provides the vision, direction, advice, inspiration, and motivation to the eGo CarShare team that oversees daily operations. Ensures that staff have the resources to be successful and that their professional development is nurtured and recognized.
- Community Involvement: Enhances the visibility of the organization through effective public relations and marketing efforts to promote membership growth. Is an active presence in the environmental, business, and civic communities. Builds and manages strong relationships with partner organizations, funding agencies, government entities, media, and carshare members.
- External Partnerships: Serves as an active networker and relationship builder. Strengthens and expands eGo CarShare’s working relationships with diverse stakeholders and partners, including business owners, trade associations, local and state government and regulatory agencies, non-profits, community groups, and others.
- Fundraising and Resource Development: Increases and diversifies operational funding. Spearheads fundraising efforts, including donor programs and potential corporate sponsorships, grants, events, and other initiatives that may represent new streams of revenue for the organization.
- Fiscal Management: Develops the annual budget and is responsible for ensuring the continued financial strength of the organization. Prepares and presents financial information at monthly Board meetings. Works with the Board Treasurer to discuss and reconcile the budget. Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Accountability: Works with the Board to measure the organization’s impact and effectiveness and establish benchmarks for success.
Any equivalent combination of the following education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum two years in a leadership role with small- to mid-size organizations, including managing staff and operations
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and financial management
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree or 5+ years relevant experience
- Excellent organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Management experience with profit and loss responsibility for a budget in excess of $500,000
- Knowledge of Transportation Demand Management (TDM) practices
- Strong professional connections to local nonprofit funding community, with demonstrated success in cultivating and maintaining relationships with foundations, corporations, government agencies, and individuals
- Incorporates sustainability practices into daily lifestyle
- Passionate about eGo CarShare’s mission: To provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with motor vehicle use
- Experience with QuickBooks, Engage (carshare software), Gmail, DropBox, RedBooth, Google Apps, Adobe InDesign
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Annual salary of $40,000-$50,000 with potential for performance-based increase based on financial performance of the organization
- Free eGo CarShare membership ($240 annual value) and half price usage fees
- Employer-paid RTD Eco Pass bus pass (~$2,200 annual value)
- $220/month toward health insurance
- Two weeks paid vacation, sick time, and holidays
- Discretionary unpaid time off
- Employer-matched 401k retirement plan
- $250/year for professional development
- Super awesome coworkers!
- Flexible working environment that supports work-life balance
- The application deadline is Monday, September 26th. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include both the job title and your full name in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.
eGo CarShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or anything else.
The above job description is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements, and does not limit the assignment of additional duties at the discretion of the Board of Directors, or as organizational needs evolve.