- HOW IT WORKS
- CARS & LOCATIONS
- RATES & PLANS
- JOIN NOW
- GET INVOLVED
Home › Damage Fee Waiver Program
Damage Fee Waiver Program
As a mission driven non-profit, eGo CarShare works to provide our members with the highest quality service at the lowest cost.eGo CarShare contracts with an outside insurance company for insurance coverage and in an effort to keep our usage fees as low as possible, in March 2013 we opted to increase our insurance deductible from $250/incident to $500/incident. In conjunction with this deductible increase we are also offering all our members the option to participate in a new Damage Fee Waiver Program.
What is the Damage Fee Waiver Program?
All of our members are fully covered under our insurance policy with a $500 deductible for incidents involving vehicle damage. However, we recognize that $500 can be a large, unexpected expense. Our Damage Fee Waiver Program provides peace of mind by reducing your out-of-pocket cost for damage that occurs during your use of an eGo CarShare vehicle. You can reduce your prospective liability from a $500 deductible to $0.
By enrolling in our Damage Fee Waiver Program, you pay $45 annually per driver and if an incident occurs, your deductible is reduced to $0, instead of $500. Please see the FAQ's below for more information.
|All drivers under the age of 21, or those who have NOT held a U.S. issued driver's license for at least two years, are required to enroll.|
How do I sign up?
- Log in to our reservation site with your member number and password.
- Click on “My Account” in the main menu bar and then the “Details” tab.
- Read the Program overview section, then click the “Next” button.
- In the next window, select which fee option you want from the drop-down menu. Review the Terms and Conditions and click the “I Agree” button.
- During your application process review the Terms & Conditions listed in the Damage Fee Waiver Program section and click the "I Agree" button.
When is the Damage Fee Waiver Program fee charged?
The Damage Fee Waiver Program fee is initially charged after an applicant is accepted as a member and/or when a member elects to participate in the Program. After you sign up, the Program participation charge will appear on your next monthly billing invoice. Participation will be automatically renewed on the annual anniversary date of enrollment in Damage Fee Waiver Program, unless you notify us in writing or via e-mail that you wish to cancel participation. You will get a notification email that your Program renewal date is approaching. To cancel your participation in the Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org at least five days prior to your Program renewal date.
What happens if I don’t report damage?
As stated in our Member Handbook you must immediately report any accident or damage. If damage occurs to a vehicle but you do not report it, the Damage Fee Waiver Program will not cover the damage. As a result, you will potentially be charged the full deductible ($500), the fee for not reporting the damage ($50), any other applicable fines or costs, and your membership could be suspended for not reporting the incident.
Does each Driver on an Account need to enroll in the Program separately?
No. Only the Account Authority can enroll and $45 is charged for each driver on the account. The Damage Fee Waiver Program requires each driver on the account to participate.
What does the Damage Fee Waiver Program not cover?
- The Damage Fee Waiver Program does NOT cover:
- Damage to an eGo CarShare vehicle or another party’s vehicle which is unreported by the driver and/or account holder;
- Damage caused to a vehicle when an eGo CarShare driver fails to stop and properly report an accident (hit and run);
- Members whose account is not up to date or who have an overdue payment;
- Members permitting a non-member to drive an eGo CarShare vehicle;
- Members who falsify or provide misleading information to eGo CarShare staff investigating damage to an eGo CarShare vehicle;
- Personal injury or damage to property;
- Third party liability;
- Dishonest, fraudulent or criminal acts;
- Damage by improper fueling or tampering with engine parts;
- Damage that occurs prior to enrolling in the Program;
- Intentional damage to a vehicle by the member;
- Damage which occurs while driving under the influence of alcohol or illegal substances;
- Any violation of the Membership Handbook.
What if I have my own insurance?
All of our members are covered under our insurance policy. That's a benefit that we offer universally, without exception. Our standard policies apply even if you have your own insurance. Which means, if you are in an accident and are not enrolled in our DFWP you will be responsible for the $500 deductible. eGo CarShare will not get involved with your personal insurance agency.
How long does my participation in the Damage Fee Waiver Program last?
Participation in the Program begins immediately when you enroll in the Program, lasts for one calendar year from the date you sign up, and renews automatically until either you opt out of the Program or an incident occurs. (See info above regarding how to cancel your participation in the Program.)
If I have an incident, can I re-enroll in the Program?
Not immediately. When your renewal date arrives you will be automatically renewed. Until that time you will be subject to the $500 deductible.