Operations & Member Support Assistant: 80% Time – Boulder, Colorado
eGo CarShare (www.carshare.org) is currently seeking a passionate Operations & Member Support Assistant to join our awesome nonprofit team, with the possibility of moving the position into a full-time role over time with the right candidate. This position is located at our office in downtown Boulder, CO.
DUTIES during the first 2-3 months will include learning and supporting fleet/operations (primary) and member services (secondary), including:
- Fleet Assistance – help with fleet duties as needed – includes scheduling
maintenance appointments, helping with basic maintenance needs on-site (jumping a car, shuttling vehicles, taking them in for servicing, etc.)
- Member Services Assistant – includes e.g. processing new member applications and responding to general e-mail inquiries; Answering our main phone line; Responding to members’ questions via phone and/or email, etc.; Option for on-call shifts in evenings/weekends; Internal/member related outreach communications
All candidates must be eager and willing to use a bicycle and transit, instead of a car, where feasible on a regular basis during working hours. A transit pass and B-cycle membership will be provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES – Field Work (Approximately 50% time)
• Regularly assessing vehicles for damage and maintenance needs
• Scheduling and shuttling vehicles to and from service appointments
• Cleaning vehicles as needed or managing outsourced cleaning company
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues with our in-vehicle technology
• Performing minor repairs and routine maintenance, e.g. jumping vehicles, changing flat tires, changing windshield wiper blades and air filters, etc.
• Providing emergency field / roadside assistance to disabled vehicles
RESPONSIBILITIES – In Office (Approximately 50% time)
• Operations assistant – including fleet (e.g. overseeing fleet maintenance and cleaning schedule, troubleshooting in-vehicle technology, etc.)
• Member Support assistant, including assisting with customer support to members, including processing new member applications, responding to general e-mail inquiries, answering phone calls, and responding to members’ billing questions via phone and/or e-mail
• Assist with member billing process
• Assist with Member booking and billing charges, etc.
• Nurture an environment of fun, creativity, and sharing
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and needed
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel); eagerness to learn new software applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Keen attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; enjoys looking for ways to improve systems and workflow
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity in interacting with carshare members, co-workers and vendors
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple requests and deadlines in a calm and focused manner
• Proactive and self-motivated, but also an excellent team player – always willing to help out with any task at hand with a positive attitude
• Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, often fast-paced, office environment with minimal supervision
• Demonstrates initiative and reliability
• Experience working at a small nonprofit organization or similar office environment
• Knowledge of carsharing or alternative transportation industry, Transportation Demand Management (TDM), etc.
• Conversational in Spanish
• Passionate about eGo CarShare’s mission to provide and promote alternatives to individual car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with motor vehicle use.
• Incorporates sustainability practices into daily lifestyle
Necessary Special Requirements:
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of one year of office administration or operations experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, minimum high school diploma
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Starting Salary: $29,000 salary pro-rated hourly
• Free eGo CarShare membership and discounted usage fees
• RTD Eco Pass (transit pass)
• Paid vacation, sick time, holidays
• Employer matched retirement plan (up to 3% of salary)
eGo CarShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or anything else.
The position is open until filled. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Send cover
letter and resume to email@example.com and include both the job title and your full name in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Visit our website at carshare.org for more information about our organization. No phone calls please.
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please also briefly answer the questions below in one page or less in total.
1) What do you know about carsharing, and what impact do you believe it has on the community and environment?
2) Briefly explain what you did at your last 2 jobs and also why you left them.
3) Give us an example of a time you’ve gone the extra mile for both a customer and an employer.
4) When would you be available to start?