Full Time– Boulder, Colorado
We are currently seeking a passionate Member Support & Operations Assistant to join our small
nonprofit team, with the intent to move the position into a full-time Operations Manager role with
the right candidate. This position is located at our office in downtown Boulder, CO.
DUTIES during the first 2-3 months will include learning and supporting Member Services, including:
• Processing new member applications
• Responding to general e-mail inquiries
• Answering our main phone line
• Responding to members’ questions via phone and/or email, etc.
• Option for on-call shifts in evenings/weekends
• Internal/member related Marketing / Outreach tasks
• Possible Fleet Assistance – help with fleet duties as needed – includes scheduling
maintenance appointments, helping with basic maintenance needs on-site (jumping a car,
getting cars washed, taking cars in for servicing, etc.)
DUTIES during months 3-6 will include an Operations and Vehicle Fleet Assistant role, along with
general office operations responsibilities. After 6 months the successful candidate will move into an
Operations Manager role, ultimately overseeing management of our 50+ vehicle fleet as well as
supervising our Member Support staff. This managerial role will likely require some direct fleet work
such as regular vehicle inspections, and taking vehicles in for maintenance and cleaning
All candidates must be eager and willing to use a bicycle and transit, instead of a car, where feasible
on a regular basis during working hours. A transit pass and B-cycle membership will be provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES – In Office (Approximately 75% time)
• Oversee Operations – including fleet (e.g. overseeing fleet maintenance and cleaning
schedule, filing auto insurance claims, troubleshooting in-vehicle technology, etc.)
• Supervise Fleet and Member Support Staff
• Oversee and assist with member billing process
• Oversee and assist with customer support to members, including processing new member
applications, responding to general e-mail inquiries, answering phone calls, and responding
to members’ billing questions via phone and/or e-mail
• Create monthly vehicle usage and performance metrics reports; summarize trends for
Executive Director and Board of Directors
• Assist with accounts payable and receivable, including paying bills, assisting and directing
Member Support staff in handling A/R issues, and preparing basic financial statements
• Assist the Executive Director with various projects such as vehicle registration and insurance
• Help manage financial aspects of existing grants
• Ensure appropriate compliance, sound financial management, and accountability
• Nurture an environment of fun, creativity, and sharing
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned and needed
RESPONSIBILITIES – Field Work (Approximately 25% time)
• Regularly assessing vehicles for damage and maintenance needs
• Scheduling and shuttling vehicles to and from service appointments
• Cleaning vehicles as needed or managing outsourced cleaning company
• Troubleshooting and resolving issues with our in-vehicle technology
• Performing minor repairs and routine maintenance, e.g. jumping vehicles, changing flat
tires, changing windshield wiper blades and air filters, etc.
• Providing emergency field / roadside assistance to disabled vehicles
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel); eagerness to learn new software applications
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Keen attention to detail without losing sight of the big picture
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; enjoys looking for ways to improve systems and workflow
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and professional maturity in interacting with carshare members,
co-workers, Board members, and vendors
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple requests and deadlines in a calm and focused manner
• Proactive and self-motivated, but also an excellent team player – always willing to help out
with any task at hand with a positive attitude
• Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, often fast-paced, office environment with minimal
• Demonstrates initiative and reliability
• Experience in QuickBooks
• 1-3 years of bookkeeping or accounting experience or bachelor’s degree in related field
• Experience working at a small nonprofit organization or similar office environment
• Knowledge of carsharing industry and Transportation Demand Management (TDM)
• Grant administration experience
• Conversational in Spanish
• Passionate about eGo CarShare’s mission to provide and promote alternatives to individual
car ownership, thereby reducing the environmental and social impacts associated with
motor vehicle use.
• Incorporates sustainability practices into daily lifestyle
Necessary Special Requirements:
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Education and Experience:
• Minimum of two years of office administration experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field, minimum high school diploma
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Starting Salary: $27,000-$30,000 depending on experience; additional
compensation available for on-call shifts (optional); After 6 months opportunity to move to
manager role at $35,000;
• Free eGo CarShare membership and discounted usage fees
• RTD Eco Pass (transit pass)
• Paid vacation, sick time, holidays
• Employer matched retirement plan (up to 3% of salary)
• $250/year for professional development
eGo CarShare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or anything else.
The position is open immediately, until filled. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis. Send cover
letter and resume to jobs @ carshare . org and include both the job title and your full name in the
subject line. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Only applicants selected for interviews
will be contacted. Visit our website at carshare.org for more information about our organization. No
phone calls please.
In addition to your resume and cover letter, please also briefly answer the questions below in one
page or less in total.
1) What do you know about carsharing, and what impact do you believe it has on the
community and environment?
2) Briefly explain what you did at your last 3 jobs and also why you left them.
3) Give us an example of a time you’ve gone the extra mile for both a customer and an employer.
4) When would you be available to start?